Chapter 50: Epilogue

8 years later....

     Jieun looked up from her tablet as soon as she heard a noise coming from upstairs. She turned off the TV that was playing faintly in the background, placed the tablet down on the coffee table, and waltzed up the stairs. She reached the bedroom in a matter of seconds, and stopped to catch her breath. Once her breath was even again, she finally settled her eyes on the small human being that was grinning up at her, with a hint of sheepishness in her soft expression. A large book almost half her size lay open next to her. So that was the source of the noise. 

     Jieun momentarily sighed in relief. She shifted her eyes from the book to the small girl, and automatically formed a smile on her face. She knelt down to the little girl's level and picked up the book. Even it felt heavy to her. It was a photo album. Jieun's eyebrows furrowed. How did it end up here?

     "What are you doing with this, Jinri-ah?" The girl's face lit up as she moved to hug Jieun, the book caught between them. The little girl called Jinri pulled away from the hug, but her arms were still around Jieun's neck.

     "Omma!! I found this while I was in you and Appa's room. It looked really fun so I brought it here and I was trying to be quiet but it was too big for me." She pouted a little. Then she smiled widely again. "I didn't get to see much, but I saw some of you and Appa's wedding photos!" Jieun chuckled as she put the book down on the floor. She sat down and motioned for Jinri to sit on her lap. Jinri happily sat on her mother's lap while Jieun flipped through the album. These were pictures that were taken through the years before her 6-year old daughter was born, and it was compiled into a photo album. Everything was in there, and with just a glance at these photos took Jieun back in time. She flipped through the pages until she stopped at a section when Jinri had grabbed her finger with her tiny hand to stop her from flipping through the pages. She pointed at a photo.

     "Look, omma! That's you in a pretty white dress. And that's Appa in a black suit." Jieun nuzzled her daughter's head with her nose. "Yep, that was when we had our wedding. It was about a year or two before we had you."

    They looked through the section together. It was mostly a collage of the day with her and Jihyuk, her bridesmaids (Yoo In Na was her maid of honor while Jiyeon, her other close friend, and members of her team including Minyoung and Seri were bridesmaids), the groomsmen (Sangin, Sangil, Hanteo, and another member of her team), and the guests which were among their close friends, both from Jihyuk and her side. 

     Jinri pointed to a photo where it was Jieun holding a microphone and smiling. "Omma, why are you holding that?" Jieun grinned. "You didn't expect your mom to not sing at her own wedding, do you?" She asked her daughter, whilst nuzzling her nose against her daughter's cheek. Jinri giggled at the contact.

     Jieun looked at the photo again

     Jieun looked at the photo again. It was taken when she had finished the song that she sang (She sang "I give you my heart" ) for Jihyuk. It was not planned for her to sing at their wedding; Jieun had invited her singer friends (exo's Baekhyun, snsd's Taeyeon, Gummy) and their performances were spectacular. It was only then that the guests had shouted and requested for her to sing, and Jihyuk, who had given her a supportive smile, that she got up the stage and sang the song. It was the song that really defined their relationship, and when she had finished the last note, she gazed and smiled at him, holding back tears, while he too, during the time, was smiling back at her with shiny tears on his face.