Chapter 34

Kim Daehyung lit the cigarette and threw the lighter onto the coffee table that was already in a mess. Notebooks, cigarette packets, pens are scattered on the coffee table. He leaned back on his chair, smoking the cigarette quietly, deep in thought. His eyes traveled to his phone which was on the coffee table. He debated whether he should call her, to tell her he had escaped, to find out if she gave a damn. He let out a noise of frustration as he bent forward and picked up the phone, much to his dismay. He dialed the only number in the contact list and placed the receiver on his ear.

    Three rings. Then came a voice. "I knew you'd get out."

     Daehyung let out a satisfied smirk. "Good to hear that you have faith in me. I was waiting for you to bail me out, but I guess you were too busy to think about me. I had to trigger an inmate to stab me in order to escape." He said, a hint of bitterness in his voice.

      "I knew you'd find a way out yourself, so I wasn't worried." The voice said simply. Daehyung ran a hand through his hair. "I'm at the hideout right now. They're not going to find me easily."

      "Good." He waited for her to say something else, but when none came, he let out another noise of frustration and leaned back on the chair. "Aren't you going to come and see me?''

     "It's too risky as of now. I need to lay low for a while, and you should too." Daehyung huffed in response. "What about the next plan?"

     "I'm going to put it on hold for a while. Jieun might be on to me, and you got caught. Let's not risk it." Daehyung ran a hand through his hair again, this time in frustration. 'That's because you didn't give me the signal."

     "I changed my mind."

      "Why did you?" This time his voice got louder, fed up with the person on the other line. "Don't tell me you grew soft on her. Because I'm starting to hold a grudge against her. And her bodyguard too."

      "He provoked me," He continued, "I'm going to make him pay for that."

     "Don't do anything stupid," the voice warned. Daehyung let out a bitter laugh. "What do you want me to do? Wait for you to carry on to the plan? And when will that be? I thought you wanted to get rid of Lee Jieun as soon as possible."

     Park Sujin huffed in frustration. She put the call on speaker and stood up from her armchair, pouring another glass of wine. She stirred the wine lightly before taking a sip and sat back down on her chair. "Getting rid of her is much more difficult than I thought. Especially now that she got everyone in her team involved. And now Seojoon and Taehyung oppa knows too."

     Daehyung scoffed on the other line. "Again, if you gave me the signal to shoot her no one had to know." Sujin closed her eyes momentarily, trying to control the anger that was threatening to rise within her. "I realized that the plan was riskier than I thought. There were too many witnesses. I was rash and angry at the moment and didn't think it through. I won't take any more risks. The next time we carry our plan, we need to get her alone, where no one could help her, not even her bodyguard." 

     At the mention of Jihyuk, Daehyung unknowingly balled his hand into a fist. "That bastard," He hissed. "I'll make him pay for running his mouth when he shouldn't be."

     Sujin pondered over his statement and nodded alongside him even though she knew he couldn't see her, as a thought she had never considered before popped into her mind. "We may have to get rid of him first in order to get to her. Why didn't I think of that?" Her mouth formed an o as she clicked on her tongue. She sighed in mockery. "What a shame. I liked him." Her face then morphed into a look of sudden realization. "Ah, Jieun unnie likes him too. This would make things quite interesting,"