Chapter 6

The Gala was held in Gwangjin-Gu at the Town hall. It was rented out for the day by the producers of the "Dream" Movie, and the cast were all expected to be there. Jieun and the team were one of the first few guests to arrive early. As they went inside the town hall, everyone including Jieun couldn't help but admire the place. The ceiling which was made of glass was held high with crystals hanging above them and a large expensive looking chandelier in the middle. The white walls were also decorated with crystals and in the front of the room held a big stage with a podium in the middle. The tables were arranged in the front of the big stage, leaving some space at the back of the room for people to stand and chat to one another. The food table was located at both sides of the room.

The other guests that were there besides Jieun and her team were the movie director and writer, and the male lead, Park Seojoon. Jieun went to greet the three of them, giving them each a hug. After the exchange, the movie director and writer found themselves at the food table and chatted there while Jieun and Seojoon talked amongst themselves.

Jihyuk watched the two of them conversed and observed Seoioon quietly. It seemed that Seojoon was a nice guy and had become close to Jieun during the filming, and he looked like he genuinely liked Jieun. Seri and Hanteo seemed to agree from either side of him as they told him that Seojoon is the least likely person to ever have sent the death threats to her. Jihyuk nodded his head showing his agreement.

In no time, all the guests arrived and the gala dinner officially began. People talked amongst themselves; some had already started piling up their plates as they were starving from working all day. Jieun went to greet the cast and the staff one by one. Jihyuk stood behind her and paid close attention to the people she greeted and haven't noticed anyone suspicious as of yet. He thought that whoever this person was, they were hiding themselves well in the crowd. Jieun seemed to think the same thing, because some time later she went to join Seri and Hanteo at a table looking dejected. Jihyuk followed suit and stood next to their table, still looking around for anything or anyone suspicious.

"That person must be hiding their hatred for me really well. I did not suspect anyone at all." Jieun sighed as she sat down. Seri gave her a sympathetic look and rubbed her arm comfortingly.

"Give it time, Jieun-ah. We know that this is not going to be easy, and that person is not going to show themselves anytime soon. I just hoped that they wouldn't try anything tonight." Hanteo agreed silently beside her.

As the three began to chat about different topics amongst themselves, Jihyuk continued to look around the area. People seemed to be having a great time and no one was looking as if they were about to plan an attack. His eyes darted towards the front of the room where someone, most likely the movie director, walked up on stage and on to the podium.

The director asked for everyone' attention as people stopped talking or whatever they were doing and moved from their table to stand in the middle of the room giving them their undivided attention. He cleared his throat and began thanking everyone for coming. Next, he requested the cast of the movie to come and join him on stage. He gave a big thanks to them for making the movie happen and for making the process easy for the staff and crew. They all laughed and waved the director off, and Seojoon refuted that it was THE staff and crew that had made the process easier, in which the rest of the cast shouted in agreement. Jieun was smiling ear to ear when the director began talking about their fun times during filming and laughter echoed throughout the room as he recalled funny stories behind the scenes.

After his speech ended, the cast all went down the stage one by one. Music from the movie production began to play from the speakers, so it was really hard to hear one another. The cast didn't seem to notice because they continued to chat amongst themselves as they walked off stage. Jihyuk went to the side of the stairs of the stage and held his hand out to help Jieun down. She gave him a smile in thanks. When he released her, she turned to him and said something to him but he couldn't hear her over the loud music. He half shouted asking her about what she had said, so she laughed and repeated herself but stopped in the middle of her sentence when they heard a crash.

Jihyuk whipped his head around to find the source of the noise. A big pane of glass had fallen from the ceiling and onto the floor, causing pieces of the glass to shatter everywhere in the middle of the room. Jihyuk instinctively grabbed Jieun's arm and pulled her to the side of the room. More glass came from the ceiling and crashed onto the floor. People were screaming and moving frantically, trying to desperately get away from the spot where the glass had fallen. Jihyuk put an arm around Jieun's shoulders as he guided her to the back of the room where the exit was. One big piece of glass came crashing down to a table nearby as Jihyuk covered her frame with his own to protect her from the shards that were flying towards them. A big piece of shattered glass the size of a mini playing card hit his neck. He winced in pain and Jieun gasped as she saw blood running down on his neck, but he took it out in a matter of seconds after it hit him and kept them going until they reached the exit.

When both of them managed to get out, Jihyuk released her shoulders and asked her if she was okay. She managed to nod and looked around, seeing that other people also managed to get out of the hall. She searched for any signs of Seri and Hanteo and began to panic when she couldn't find them. Jihyuk seemed to notice her distress so she told her to stay here and that he will find them soon.

Without waiting for her reply, he rushed back inside the hall through a mass of people who were trying to get out. He managed to get in and looked around for any signs of Seri or Hanteo.

He spotted Seri and Hanteo crouching down beside one of the tables. Above them was a piece of glass the same size as the glass that had first fallen dangling from the ceiling, looking as if it was about to crash down on them at any second. Soon enough the piece of glass began to fall as Jihyuk dove towards them and drove them out of the way just in time as the piece crashed onto him instead. One of the shards managed to hit him on the leg as he winced painfully. Another shard had scratched him on the left side of his cheek, and another on his shoulder. He glanced at Seri and Hanteo to see that they weren't hit by any shards, and that Hanteo was helping Seri up on her feet. He slowly got up from his position and made his way towards them, half walking and half limping. Seri was a bit shaken by the fall but gasped when she saw his injuries.

"Jihyuk ssi, Are you alright?" Jihyuk nodded and looked around the area to see if any more people needed help. The hall was clear and there was no one else besides them. He turned to the other two and was about to suggest that they should leave and meet Jieun outside when he saw her came running towards them. He saw that her face was full of relief when she spotted that they were all okay.

The tingling of glass diverted Jihyuk's attention from them as he gazed upwards. His face turned white as he saw that the chandelier above them began to swing back and forth dangerously from where Jieun was running towards them.

He took all the energy that he had left to run towards her despite his injured leg and pulled her out of the way before the chandelier breaks from the ceiling and plummets downard. He almost managed to get the both of them out of the way when the chandelier fell and one of its wings hit him squarely on his head before it hit the ground beside them, causing him to tumble forward and fell onto her. Jieun gasped and clutched his sides on instinct as they both fell onto the ground. The rest of the glass from the chandelier shattered on to them as he desperately tried to cover her body with his to prevent any glass from hitting her. He gasped for air feeling the effect of every hit on his back.

Recovering from shock, Jieun stared back at him with her eyes wide and lips trembling as he hovered above her, blood seeping through his white suit and onto her. When he was sure that there were no more shards flying, with the remaining energy he had left, he removed his hands from Jieun's shoulders and let himself fall to the floor beside her., breathing shallowly yet heavily.

He couldn't hear her calling out his name as his vision began to blur.

Her hazel brown eyes were the last thing he saw before he went unconscious.

Author's note: Hey guys, I hope you are enjoying the story so far. Thank you guys so much for voting. I didn't expect anyone to be reading this to be honest xDD. Anyways, I am going to give you guys a constant update on this story as I will post a chapter on Saturday and another chapter on Sunday, which would be two chapters per week. 

Reminder: All of the characters that are going to be featured in this story are all made up by me, in exception for a few characters such as IU herself, Hanteo (her manager), and Park Seojoon.