Chapter 33

Hanteo shook away the thoughts that were invading his mind and focused on the male in the front of the room. Jihyuk was demonstrating yet another move in which he failed to replicate. They were in Edam's lounge, where it had turned into a martial arts class for the day. The staff of IU's team, mostly men, were currently paying extra attention to Jihyuk who was in the front of the classroom, demonstrating basic moves of attacks and defense. The class was suggested by Bae Jonghan, the CEO of the agency, in the conference meeting they held that afternoon. He asked Jihyuk to teach those who are interested in learning basic fighting skills that could help them in emergencies, and especially those that are going with Jieun to Columbia for the movie shoot. He said it is vital to learn how to defend themselves and protect Jieun if something were to happen, and Jieun approved the class as well. She was currently observing at the back of the room quietly. She didn't partake in the lesson as she had already learned these things prior to when she shot Hotel Del Luna. Seri was sitting next to her, observing as well. She had thought of joining the class as well, but as soon as she saw Jihyuk demonstrating the moves, she quickly gave up the thought because they looked difficult.

     One by one the "students'' began to repeat the moves and try to perfect them. Jihyuk was going around observing each person and helped them to improve their moves and the way they positioned their hands, legs, and body. Jihyuk stopped in front of Hanteo who was struggling and kindly tended to his side. When Hanteo was able to perfect the move, Jihyuk went back to the front of the classroom. "You guys are able to perfect the basic moves of attack and defense, so congratulations." He smiled as applause went around the room. "Now, let's pair up to the person next to you and practice those moves on each other. One person should attack while the other defends, and vice versa."

     Then the pair up began. Jihyuk observed each pair closely, nodding in approval to the pairs that are able to practice the opposite moves on each other, and tend to those who are struggling. Minyoung, who was practicing her defense skills with another staff member, fell to the floor as she failed to use a defense move. Jihyuk quickly went to her side and helped her up. Her partner, June, also helped her up. "Sorry, Minyoung-ah," He said apologetically.

     "Are you okay?" Jihyuk asked, his face full of concern. Minyoung nodded and strengthened herself. "Yeah, I'm fine. And it's not your fault, Oppa. I just failed to defend myself." She said to June, who still looked guilty. "Let's try again," She said, after turning to thank Jihyuk. "Don't push yourself okay? If you're hurt it's okay to stop." He told her. Minyoung smiled. "I know. It's just that, the more I fail the more I'm determined to learn how to fight. I want to be able to protect myself, as well as Jieun unnie. So I'm not going to give up." Jihyuk finally smiled at her determination as he nodded and took a step back and resumed observing the two.

     As soon as she saw that Minyoung had fallen, Jieun had risen from her seat and was about to go to her side, but Jihyuk was there before she could even blink. Jieun fell back to her seat as she watched him helping Minyoung up. And then came a smile out of nowhere stretching the corner of her lips. Seri noticed her smile and turned to look at the two. "Aigoo, sometimes I wonder how we got so lucky to have him in our team. Sometimes I don't think we deserve him." Jieun nodded nonchalantly, her eyes never taking off the male. "I think I'm the luckiest one here." She voiced out. Seri turned her attention to the younger woman. She saw that she was in a daze, the soft smile never left her face. "You asked me if my heart was willing to let him go. I don't think it's possible," Jieun said, her voice sounding starstruck. "I wondered if it is because I like him too much. I just can't seem to stop," she professed.

      It was Seri's turn to let out a smile as she turned back to watch the class, but her thoughts were still on the topic at hand. "It's been a long time since you liked someone, and I have forgotten what you looked like when you're in love. It's refreshing to see it again." She said, grinning. Jieun turned to give her a side smile. "I really think that I won't be able to love someone else as much as I love him, unnie." She told the older woman truthfully. Seri nodded, understanding what she meant.