Chapter 42

Jieun and Jihyuk spent the next few days writing the lyrics and creating the melodies of the song. Jihyuk even created a sample of the instrumental in which Jieun brought it to her producer, who immediately approved and had added his own touch to it. Jieun began recording in the studio and in no time the song was finished. Jieun had shown it to Jihyuk first thing, and Jihyuk's response was a kiss on her lips and told her that she did a wonderful job. Then the next process was filming a music video. Jieun had thought about the theme of the music video and how it would turn out in her head, and she relayed the plan to the producers in case they needed to add or adjust a few things. They only shook their heads smiling and told her that it was perfect. The only thing left for them was to find an actor for the male lead of the music video.

     Jieun pondered over the potential male lead. She figured she could ask one of her male friends (her thoughts had hovered over Jingoo first thing), but she dismissed the thought because she knew that he had his packed schedule with filming "Girl's Planet". She had thought of asking Joongi, but the poor male had always accepted her favors and she felt kind of bad for always being the one asking him for favors.

     "What about someone who you've never worked with before? It could be refreshing and new." Seri had voiced her opinion to her one day. Jieun once again pondered over it and thought that it wasn't a bad idea. So she spent her time researching different actors during her spare time (usually during times where she found herself alone in her home as Jihyuk tends to work a lot because of the recent case that he was working on). Of course, she had asked Jihyuk if he knew any actors that fit the theme of the music video, but he only smiled sheepishly at her and said that he was the last person that could help her. 

     But then, a miracle happened. She finally found the perfect actor. His name was Lee Jongwon. It was like fate to her because when her team contacted him and requested him to make an appearance in the music video, they quickly accepted saying that it was perfect timing because it was the only time that he was available.

     It was today that they met for the first time, onset, and after a few exchanges of greetings, they got ready for the scenes, and in between, they made small conversations and get to know each other, as well as trying to match each other's energy so that their chemistry could shine through the screen, as this was their first time acting together. They were currently taking a break in between scenes. Jieun and Jongwan went to their respective dressing rooms to change for the upcoming scene, before meeting each other again wearing a couple's tees (much like the ones that Jieun and Jihyuk wore on their date) and beginning to rehearse. The director told them that they're going to film in subsequent scenes portraying a day-to-day romance. The director was next to them explaining the upcoming scenes, which were about them being a normal day to day couple enjoying themselves at home, taking pictures with each other, being close to one another, laying beside each other, and finally, a scene where they played games with each other. Jieun listened intently at the director and nodded at his words, all the while divulging into her character. 

     She had missed the fact that someone had slipped quietly into the set.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

     Jihyuk let out a satisfied sigh as he put down his pen. He took off his eyeglasses and placed them next to the pile of paperwork that he finished in the last hour, and rubbed his eyes. He blinked them rapidly to try and get rid of the tiredness. He glanced at his watch and saw that it was past 2. He hadn't had lunch but he wanted to eat with Jieun, as they weren't able to do so in the morning since he had rushed to work and she had gone to her agency to prepare for the filming of her mv.