Chapter 31

"Aigoo, I'm going to miss you all over again." Hyori cooed in Jieun's ear as they hugged. Jieun held the older woman tightly, rubbing her back soothingly. "Me too," She said softly. When they parted, Jieun gave her a small smile and turned to Sangsoon who gave her a one-arm hug. Hyori looked at the two dearly and turned her gaze to Jihyuk who was looking at the two as well. She then took him by surprise by hugging him. He soon recovered and returned the hug. Sangsoon also gave him a hug and whispered, "Take care of Jieun for us." in his ear, to which he nodded. After another tearful goodbye was made between Jieun and Hyori, Jihyuk and Jieun finally took off the road and glanced back at the home to which they grew accustomed during their 2-week stay.

     Jieun turned to Jihyuk who was looking at the road, his concentration face in view. She let out a soft smile as her eyes traced the outline of his features. She wondered how she got this lucky to be able to meet him at this current point in her life, where she needed him the most. He came into her life just like a dazzling dream, and she found herself falling in love all over again; something that she didn't expect to experience again after the heartbreak that she went through in her last relationship. Maybe she had to experience that heartbreak in order to meet him. If this was the case, then she'd gladly go through it again if it meant that she could meet him again.

     Jihyuk felt her eyes on him and glanced quickly at her before refocusing on the road. "What are you thinking about noona?" He asked. Jieun shifted in her position and turned away to hide a smile, then turned her body towards his direction. "Nothing really. I just wondered how after all these years that I finally got to meet you now." Jihyuk let out a small smile and looked into her eyes for a moment, before going back to the road. "Sometimes it takes a long time for two people to meet each other. Whether it'd be 8 years... or 19 years. '' 

     Jieun smiled brightly at his remark and tilted her head to the side, admiring the male in front of her. "It took us that long to find each other again. But it was worth it." She said, her voice seeping with wonderment and euphoria. Jihyuk's lip stretched into a smile. He reached over and grabbed her hand, giving her a side smile and as she bit her own smile and squeezed his hand. They gazed at each other lovingly, before Jihyuk had to switch his gaze back to the road. Jieun chuckled and turned to the road ahead as well, all the while glancing between him and their intertwined hands from time to time.

     They reached Seoul at noon, and Jieun had fallen asleep on the passenger seat after holding a mini-concert in the car during the ride from Jeju. Jihyuk laughed along with her as she purposely sang off-key, and even joined in for a few songs. 

     Jihyuk pulled into the parking lot of Edam Entertainment 30 minutes later. He gently shook Jieun awake. She shifted slightly, and after some cooing from Jihyuk, she finally opened her eyes. "We're finally here," Jihyuk said softly, as if afraid that if he's speaking too loud it would upset Jieun. Jieun nodded and gave him a sleepy smile. "I can't wait to sleep in my own bed." She said as she got out of the car. Jihyuk smiled at her as they walked side by side into the building. They spotted Seri first thing as the woman ran up to hug Jieun. Jieun laughed at her eagerness and hugged the woman back. "Gosh, I missed you so much Jieun-nah," Seri said as she pulled away. She turned to Jihyuk who held a thin smile on his face. He wasn't particularly pleased about his own behavior the last time that they talked, and Seri could sense it as she gave him a look as if to say, "don't worry about it." Jihyuk nodded silently thanking her. The three then went up to Jieun's office to catch up, with Seri informing both of them what they had missed while they were in Jeju. 

    "Jonghan's been extra tight with security. No one can enter or leave the building without a thorough security check. Sangil ssi also has been sending more agents our way." She was saying. Jieun nodded alongside the woman absentmindedly. When they reached Jieun's office, they spotted Hanteo who was on the couch looking through some files. Jieun greeted him as he smiled. "You're here," He said simply. He nodded to Jihyuk who bowed at him and motioned for them to join him.