1

tomlinsin made the cover!

Daisy's P.O.V

My day had been exceptionally good. Maybe it was because my kindergartners weren't being a bother. Usually they liked to annoy me and make a mess in my classroom but today was calm. I sighed in content, closing my eyes as I sat at my desk chair. I loved teaching kindergarten, but it got tiring somedays.

"Ms.B?" A soft voice spoke, causing my eyes to open. The small brunette stood before me, a pout on her cherry red lips.

"Kit?" I said confusedly, leaning on my elbows in my chair. "What are you still doing here? School is over."

The 5 year old played with the sleeves of her worn out shirt. I noticed she had a nervous habit of doing that.

"Daddy told me that we had a conference today so I had to stay and wait for him to get here." She said looking at her feet.

I smacked a hand over my forehead, cursing under my breath. Just like that my day turned from good to bad. I forgot I had a parent conference with Kit's dad. I had emailed him for a meeting since Kit wasn't improving on her reading. I pinched my nose, squeezing my eyes shut. I was ready to go home and eat chinese food while watching netflix.

"I almost forgot," I smiled at the young girl, "Why don't you go color at your desk while we wait for him to come."

She nodded and headed over to her desk. I really wanted to cancel this meeting but it was already November and she still didn't know her alphabet. I checked the time to see that it was 2:35 pm. He should be here any minute.

The sound of the door opening broke me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see a tall man with curly brown locks, falling down to his shoulders and a trench coat on. His black skinny jeans and boots made him look quite young, maybe 30ish. I was 23 but I couldn't help but admire my students dad.

I stood up, stretching my hand towards him, "You must be Mr.Styles, Kit's dad." I smiled as we shook hands. His whole hand wrapped around my tiny one, making it look weak in his hold. I lamely dropped it to my side when he let go.

The man nodded shortly, glancing at his daughter in the back of the room who was focused on her drawing. I coughed, wanting to get this over with as fast as possible.

"We can sit at my desk." I offered.

He sauntered over to a seat in front of my desk without giving me an answer. I blew out a long breath, mentally preparing myself for this angry father.

"So what seems to be the problem with my daughter?" He challenged, hands intertwined on my desk.

"There's nothing wrong with Kit. It's just that her reading skills aren't up to what they are suppose to be." I replied, my eyes flickering between his nose and eyes. The intimidating look he gave me stopped me from keeping eye contact.

"Well I guess not everyones perfect." He shrugged, leaning back in his chair.

"Mr.Styles look I kno-"

"Listen I really don't give a shit what you have to say about my kid. I do my best as a single dad so your commentary won't be necessary." He rudely interrupted me.

My mouth formed an 'O' as I tensed in my seat. Never have I ever thought I'd be talked to like that from a parent.

"Come on Kit lets go." Mr.Styles sternly spoke as his child skipped towards him, latching her hand around his.

"Excuse me but I wasn't done" I tried to gain his attention but he just kept walking towards the door. "Please Mr.Styles. I could lose my job if not all my students are making the requirement." I blurted, not thinking. I quickly covered my mouth with my palm, cringing.

Mr.Styles sharply turned to face me, "If you are so concerned about your job then why don't you come to my house to tutor her?" He snapped.

"Um I mean..I will actually do that. If you want." I stuttered over my words.

He scoffed, "Sure. I'll email you the address. I expect you every Monday and Friday."

Great. It was Thursday today.

A/N if you left comments that would be cool. ╳