4

comment throughout the chapter!!

The dinner went by agonizingly slow. Even after our food had arrived and the business men/women started talking about the stock market, I found myself yawning every 5 minutes. I only laughed when everyone else did and gasped when I thought it was necessary. I didn't want to look like I was being rude but I didn't really care about this business talk.

"I thought you said you wouldn't just talk about business." I hissed in Melanie's ear.

She leaned into my ear and whispered through her smile, "I only said that so you'd come."

I muttered curses under my breath as I pushed my chair back. I smiled as everyone turned towards me.

"Excuse me." I gave a polite nod before walking off towards the women's bathroom.

I was about to push the door open when I felt a hand wrap around my wrist. I turned to look at Mr.Styles who looked rather mad at me.

"I didn't think you were a lesbian." He said making me roll my eyes.

"Yes. You made that very clear." I huffed, "Now can I go to the bathroom?"

He clucked his tongue, pulling on my wrist so I was much closer to him then I would've liked. "Daisy, you might be my daughters teacher, but you need to be taught some discipline." He shook his head.

"What? I'm very polite actually. You're just pissing me off." I sassed and ripped my hand away from his hold. I didn't want a repeat of last Friday.

"You're going to wish you didn't do that." He growled, taking a step towards me.

I stood my ground and crossed my arms over my chest. "Whatever." I muttered.

"I expect to see you tomorrow at 7 pm. You will tutor Kit for an hour, then come see me in my office." He said turning on his heel and leaving me before I could decline.

I felt a surge of anger bubble inside me. Tomorrow was a Sunday and I was suppose to meet my brother, Toby, for dinner because I hadn't seen him in a while. As I stood mindlessly pacing in the bathroom I made the decision to just not show up tomorrow. Whats the worst thats going to happen?

I stood in the bathroom hoping to pass time before I decided it was time to go back out. I walked to my seat and sat politely while smiling at some of Melanie's coworkers.

The rest of dinner went by worse then the first half. I kept taking risky glances towards Mr.Styles to see that he was already staring at me. It came to the point where I couldn't even sit still with his eyes blazing into my skull. He's got serious anger issues if he's this mad just because I didn't show up to tutor his daughter.

20 minutes later I made an impulse decision to ditch.

I rushed out of the restaurant before I could even say my goodbyes and left to take the first train home. I had managed to slip out of my seat for the second time without getting noticed.

As I waited outside the train station I pulled my phone out, already knowing I had a threatening text from Melanie.

Melanie, 8:03: Where the fuck did you go??

Daisy, 8:03: I'm waiting at the train station. I ditched once the bill came, you guys bored me to death with business talk.

By now they were all probably bidding there colleagues goodbye and leaving but I don't think I could've lasted those last few minutes stuck in that room with Mr.Styles intense gaze.

Melanie, 8:05: Text me when you get home. Stay safe my lesbian side hoe x.

I had to admit, I let out a small chuckle as I read her text.

Daisy, 8:05: I'm rolling my eyes.

Melanie, 8:05: I'm sure you are. Anyways, I'm glad you came with me :) Even if you ditched me with only 10 minutes left of the dinner.

I decided not to reply and just made my way on the next train that arrived. My legs bounced up and down as the city was left behind. I couldn't help but to think about what was to come tomorrow. The stern and warning stares I was receiving from Mr.Styles almost told me that he knew I wasn't planning on showing up, and he wouldn't have it if I didn't. Maybe I should just go instead of pushing my luck.