3

"It's a Saturday, Daisy." My best friend Melanie whined into the phone.

"I don't feel like going out Melanie." I snapped into the receiver.

Ever since I came home from Kit's house a week ago, I was too mad for not sticking up for myself and ended up lying in bed watching Netflix till I fell asleep. He emailed me twice asking where I was Monday and Friday of this week for the tutoring session but I simply clicked delete. That didn't stop him from having Kit come ask me why I didn't come Monday or Tuesday but I simply said that I was busy and would come the week after. In reality, I was just scared to see Mr.Styles.

"I need a date to this but I can't find one so I'm using you." She chirped. For the past 20 minutes she was complaining about having to go to some business dinner her boss organized for his employees.

I scoffed, "I'm not being your lesbian sidekick for the night Melanie."

"Please Daisy." She begged and I could almost see the pout that was on her lips.

"Fine." I huffed, "But we aren't kissing. Only hand handing."

She squealed in return, quickly ending the call after telling me to be ready by 6. Melanie was a lesbian and almost every girlfriend she got, dumped her a week later. I seemed to have the same problem with boyfriends. The only man I want in my life is Liam and he's way too good for me. Melanie was my best friend from high school. We both took very different paths in college, her becoming a business women and me becoming a teacher, but we stuck together anyways.

I groaned as I rolled off my bed and made my way to my small apartment closet. If this was a formal business dinner then what was I suppose to wear? A dress? Skirt? A pile of my clothing formed behind me as I ripped through my closet.

It took me about 10 minutes to pick out the right dress for the event. If it was business I had to make sure I didn't show too much skin. I didn't have much revealing clothes anyways since most my dresses were school appropriate. I checked my phone to see it was already 5:30 so I quickly slid on my dark blue dress and curled the ends of my hair. I left my makeup light and just did the same routine I did everyday (nude eyeshadow with mascara and some lipgloss).

I ran towards the door when there was a loud knock, indicating Melanie was here. I wasn't surprised to see her standing there in her best heels.

"Trying to impress your boss much?" I laughed.

She rolled her eyes and shoved past me. "You'd do the same if you knew him. Plus he only hired me 2 months ago, I gotta make myself look elegant and all." She pretended to waltz her way inside.

I chuckled, shutting the door. "You call elegant having a girlfriend?" What kind of logic was that?

"Yes." She said like I was dumb, "He will think I'm responsible. I mean apparently he hasn't been with a girl since his wife left. And that was 2 years ago."

"Office gossip?" I jokingly asked.

"You got it!" She laughed, "Come on hurry up I can't be late."

As I finished packing my purse with items I probably wouldn't even need, Melanie bounced on her feet impatiently.

"Are you guys going to talk about business the whole time?" I asked.

She scoffed, "No."

After debating about taking her car or mine, we ended up taking the train because we were both stubborn.

"Your the one making me come. Therefor I should've drove." I pointed out as we took our seats on the train. "Where is the restaurant anyways?"

"I can't even pronounce the name. All I know is that the food is worth more then my life savings."

Our giggles were heard throughout the quiet train as everyone else was either sitting with headphones in or mindlessly looking out the windows of the city that was coming into view. I always loved the city. I use to beg my mom to bring me in and just look around at the tall skyscrapers of New York. Even now that I lived farther out in the outskirts, I still loved the vibe of New York.

When we got off at our stop we walked a couple blocks before we reached our destination. My head was tilted up at the interior of the restaurant, taking in how fancy this place was. Was I under dressed?

"Oh there they are!" Melanie squealed, pulling on my arm. "Be polite." She warned as we approached.

I felt Melanie intertwine our fingers as we made our way over to the group of colleagues who all looked so important in the business world.

"Remind me how you even got this job." I whispered in Melanie's ear. She only responded with a harsh pinch to my hand.

"Theres the boss." She whispered in my ear as she pointed towards someone who stood with there back to us. She scoffed quietly so only I could hear. "I bet he owns like 200 mansion." She said right as he turned around.

"I bet he does." I said with my mouth hung open.

Good thing I wasn't holding a drink because it would've dropped out of my hand and smashed into a million pieces. Mr.Styles looked towards us, eyes landing on Melanie before trailing over to our intertwined hands, and lastly my face.

"That's your boss." I managed to say with my mouth hanging open and my eyes piercing into Mr.Styles.

"Yeah? Why you know him?" She let out a humorous laugh.

"No." I said quickly. "He just looks familiar, I don't know." I said making her roll her eyes.

"Come on I have to introduce you." She said, tugging on my hand.

I forced myself to look away from his intense green eyes that looked right into mine. I could tell he was angry with me just by the look he was giving me. Right about now I wished I replied to his emails or just forced myself to face him for the tutoring session.

"What no! Why do you have to introduce me?" I panicked, tugging on her hand.

"Because? He's already looking at you. Probably doesn't know what the fuck someone he didn't invite is doing here." She laughed bitterly, pulling me with her.

I cursed under my breath but, not so willingly, followed behind her. The grip I had on her hand tightened as we got closer to Mr.Styles. I blew him off for a whole week! This was so awkward.

My eyes drifted downwards when we stood before him. I heard Melanie and him greet each other quite politely as I waited patiently for this to be over.

"Ms.Brown." I heard his taunting voice.

I slowly looked up at him and cringed, "Good to see you Mr.Styles." I squeaked. Curse him for looking so good in a suit and intimating as hell. All I could think about when looking at him was how his breath felt against my neck.

"Wait what!? You to know each other?" Melanie let out a small laugh.

"Indeed we do. Ms.Brown here called me in for a parent conference about my daughter. Said she wasn't doing too good then decides to not show up for two of our tutoring sessions." He said, watching my every move.

"I'm sorry Mr.Styles. I was busy this week. I'll make sure to email you back next time." I said in one breath and nervously looked over at Melanie who was giving me a weird look.

Mr.Styles gave me a sharp nod before raising his eyebrows at our hands. "I didn't know my daughters teacher was a lesbian?"

"Oh I'm no-"

"Yeah we've been dating for over a year." Melanie faked a loving smile towards me before leaning in to kiss my cheek but I quickly scooted away before things got too awkward.

"Hmm." Mr.Styles hummed as he tried to hold in a laugh. I sucked in a sharp breath as he leaned towards my ear. "Maybe I can change that?" He whispered before sauntering off.

A/N well thats awkward.. lmao. plzplzplzplzzzz votee. peace

-becky ✌