5

K I T

Daisy;

To say I was nervous would be an understatement. My palms were sweaty and I had to unbutton my blouse so I didn't sweat to death. I don't know what I was expecting tonight, but I knew it wouldn't be good. I can already picture me leaving the house in a sprint after meeting in his office.

I had called off dinner with Toby, sadly, but he didn't seem to mind and we rescheduled for next week. In the back of my mind I was hoping he would be upset and make a big deal out of it so I was guilted into going with him and blowing off Mr.Styles, but the other half of me didn't want to push off seeing Mr.Styles.

I knocked on the door, impatiently waiting for someone to answer. When Kit's cheerful face appeared I leaned down to give her a quick hug. I know you usually didn't have that kind of relationship with your student, but I just loved kids. I couldn't help it.

"What are we doing tonight Ms.Brown?" She asked as we walked into the dining room.

I set up my things and we both took seats at the table. Where was Mr.Styles?

"We're going to finish reading." I stated, pulling out the book. She grabbed the book from the counter, flipping through the pages to find where we left off, but before she could start reading I ask, "Where's your dad, Kit?"

She kept her eyes on the paper as she spoke, "Up stairs in his office. He said he has a lot of work to do. Oh and he told me to tell you to just go up there and knock when the hours up." She finally tore her eyes from the picture book and smiled at me.

My stomach tightened and I forced myself to smile back. I wasn't ready to get a full on scolding from Mr.Styles. I wouldn't of let him boss me around like this if he wasn't so intimidating.

As the hour passed my legs wouldn't stop bouncing up and down, nervously. The clock was ticking by too fast for my liking and I wanted to make a sprint for it. I could barely pay attention to Kit because my thoughts kept drifting to what would happen in his office.

"I'm tired, Ms.B." Kit yawned and shut the book, "I think the hours up." She gave me a small hug before skipping upstairs.

I took my time packing up my supplies, putting one item in the bag at a time. I couldn't take too long though because I knew that would aggravate Mr.Styles a lot.

Once everything was in my bag and I had nothing else to do to pass time, I slowly made my way up the elegant looking stairs. I had no idea where I was going but the dark hallways told me to just find a door with light peeking through it.

When I stopped in front of a door that was slightly a jar, I took one last deep breath to prepare myself for what was to come. I used my fingers to push open the door. It creaked a little and I peeked around to see Mr.Styles looking up from his desk. When he saw me standing behind the door his eyebrows raised, arms motioning for me to come in.

I took slow steps towards his desk. Once I had reached it my fingers gripped onto the side, knuckles turning white. He looked too casual. He leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed over his broad chest while I was shaking nervously.

"Are you scared of me?" He asked in amusement.

"Well I don't know what to expect." I slightly shrugged my shoulders.

"Daisy, you seem like a really nice girl." He said making my eyebrows furrow. Where was he going with this?

"Me, not so nice. I'm a very controlling man" He nodded, standing up and walking towards me.

On instinct I took a step back. Being in the same room alone already had my heart pounding.

"I can tell." I retorted once we were standing in front of each other.