catorce

It was an awkward night.

When Cordelia and Jacob got to the campsite in the middle of a snowstorm, Bella was freezing her toes off ... literally.

Of course the only solution was for Jacob to warm Bella up which meant crawling into her sleeping bag with her. Cordelia understood that Bella needed her toes so she didn't hold him back when he looked to her for approval, but she didn't find it in herself to see it happen either. She could only be so understanding.

Instead she slept in her own tent away from the teeth chattering and jealousy radiating from Edward who couldn't do anything for Bella. Edward was much stronger than she was because he stayed in the tent with Jacob and Bella the whole night. Now that was dedication. Sometime during the night when Cordelia woke for a minute, she could make out the shape of a wolf sleeping in front of her tent and knew it was Seth. She felt comforted with his being there.

It wasn't as cold as it had been during the night when she woke due to the sound of her tent being opened. It was Jacob coming in, "morning." She threw him a tired smile, "morning Jake." "How'd you sleep?" "Alright, I had Seth nearby just in case. Thank you for that." He crawled to her side and laid down. "Are you upset?" "With?" "Last night with Bella."

He seemed nervous.

"No no, I wouldn't want her to freeze to death she's basically my sister at this point. It's okay Jake." Cordelia scooted closer to him so she could rest a hand on his burning warm cheek. To her family and other vampires, touching Jacob or any other wolf was hard. Their skin was so warm it felt like fire to them but it was more than bearable for Cordelia.

"Edward told me your thoughts didn't seem upset but I wanted to check before I go." She nodded hesitantly. His hair was messy probably from his sleep but his eyes were alert like always. "You have to be careful Jacob, you hear me?" "Loud and clear," he smirked. "I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt or worse .." "Well good thing your dad is doctor. He can fix me right up." She glared at him, "he's not a veterinarian." "Ouch, low blow," he clutched her hand close to his heart and she laughed. "You're so silly." Jacob hummed before grabbing the back of Cordelia's head to kiss her.

It was one hell of a kiss. "That's for good luck," he smiled before sitting up. "I'll see you in a little bit. Stay close to Seth." She smiled playfully, "go get em tiger." He shot her a wink over his shoulder before leaving the tent and Cordelia with nerves. She figured she'd better get up as well so she tugged on her boots and let her hair out of its ponytail before exiting her little cocoon.

Seth was the first to catch her attention, he was sniffing around near her tent. His wolf form his fur was a blend of light and dark, he looked a little smaller in comparison to Jacob and the others. He came to her once he spotted her and head butted her arm in greeting. "You ready?" He huffed but nodded, he was clearly not happy to be away from the pack but he was on Sam's orders and those orders didn't get disobeyed.

"I can't wait for this all to be over," she admitted before running her hand through his fur once. He looked like he understood where she was coming from. Cordelia wondered how hard it was to sympathize with someone who had a life as crazy as hers.

Edward appeared from his and Bella's tent looking slightly frazzled yet relieved, Seth gave Cordelia a look and she shrugged, "long night." Seth nodded his head yet again, "you're a good listener Seth." He purred out of gratefulness and opened his mouth a bit to display his teeth. If wolves could smile, Seth was doing just that. It made Cordelia laugh. Edward was nearing and smiled to Seth who was smiling back in his own wolfy way of course.