ocho

Jacob wasn't kidding when he said the imprint bond was intense. He'd been gone hunting Victoria, who was making several appearances now, leaving Cordelia little time with him. He would stop by every day even if it was just for a few minutes to ease the strain. A few minutes a day wasn't ever enough but greed wasn't a cute look.

Bella was very amused and obviously curious when she found out about the whole imprinting business, Cordelia still hadn't told her family yet.

It was a slow day, like always, and she was yet again sprawled out on the couch. Crappy reality TV was playing and Cordelia was waiting for her chinese takeout. It had been a good while since she ordered her food but maybe the takeout driver got lost. The door that was closed bursted open and one riled up Charlie Swan came in. Something was wrong judging by the look across his face.

"Charlie? Is everything okay?" "It's Harry. We were out on search and .. he had a heart attack."

"Oh my .." "I'm going to the hospital with Billy. Harry's family will be there soon. I need you to stay here and tell Bella what has happened when she gets home, okay?"

"Yes I can do that." "I'll call you with news." Charlie left slamming the door behind him and Cordelia picked up her phone to dial Jake. He didn't answer so she left a message.

To : Jacob
Charlie told me what happened with Harry, call me when you get the chance.

Hopefully he'd see the message soon. She wondered where the hell Bella was, she said she was going out but didn't specify where and when she would be back. Cordelia wanted to kick herself in the head, what if Bella was out doing something stupid? Before her thoughts could continue to swirl around her head she heard her name fall from a familiar pair of lips.

"Grace?" Her head whirled, "Alice?" There in cold flesh was her sister who was barely taller than Cordelia. Without a second thought she flung herself into her sister's grasp, the familiar cold welcomed her and she shivered out of delight.

"What are you doing here all alone?" "There's so much going on Alice. Harry Clearwater had a heart attack and Bella is out and Charlie is going-" "Bella's alive?" "Yeah of course Bella is alive Alice, why would you-" The front door opened again and this time it was Bella. Her eyes widened, "Alice!" Cordelia let her sister go before Bella reached out for her. The force of Bella's embrace caused Alice to huff. "I'm sorry I just can't believe you're here .."

"Would you like to explain to me how you're alive?" Alice was very confused which confused Cordelia as to why Alice was here and why she thought Bella was dead. "What?"

"I saw a vision of you, you jumped off a cliff!" Cordelia was exasperated, "cliff diving? Really Bella?" "You knew about this?" "She's been very impulsive lately Alice. You have no clue on what's been going on here." Bella nodded, "she's is in love with a we-" It was Cordelia's turn to scoff. Bella was not about to take the heat off herself, "Bella!" They stared each other down before Alice interrupted, "can one of you explain what the hell is going on!"

Bella nodded, "I didn't try to kill myself. I was cliff jumping .. recreationally .. it was fun." Alice looked at her with wide eyes before sighing, "and you? In love?" Cordelia blushed, "that's a long story."

Alice went to sit down and Cordelia grabbed Bella's arm before she could follow, "where's Jake?" "He just dropped me off a few minutes ago .. he wouldn't come in because of Alice." Cordelia frowned but nodded and let Bella go.