uno

STICKY. STICKY FINGERS, STICKY CLOTHES. STICKY. Blue eyes fluttered open and Cordelia took in her surroundings. She groaned as she realized her fingers were stuck to the floor. It was paint that was gluing them to the floor, specifically green and blue paint.

"Grace! Edward's leaving!"Cordelia let out another groan, crap. She was laid out on the floor but managed to look over to the clock on her nightstand to see it was now 8:22.

Cordelia peeled herself off the door and began to fly around the room to get dressed. Edward's first period teacher wasn't fond of tardiness so she had to hurry or her mother would surely give another of her famous, "your brother shouldn't have to go to detention because you wake up late in the morning" lectures.

Cordelia scrubbed her hands as quickly as she could after getting dressed. She didn't get it all off but she that was fine. She was painting all last night, it had been a stressful day at school. The strokes of her paintbrush eased her stress.

Cordelia ran downstairs to the kitchen where the rest of her family was. Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper, and Alice were packing their things and going to the garage meanwhile Edward sat calmly by the island. "Nice of you to finally wake up Grace .."

"You don't have time to eat breakfast here-" "Like always-" "So take it to go." Cordelia shot Edward a glare before kissing Esme's cheek, "thank you mama." "Don't forget Alice and Jasper are taking you clothing shopping today." "That's today?" "Yes after school okay?" "Yep, awesome, bye love you!" She pressed another kiss against Esme's cheek before taking the breakfast burrito and a juice bottle to go.

When Cordelia got into Edward's shiny Volvo she pulled her hair out the ponytail it was in and began to eat as he sped out the garage.

"I don't understand why it's so hard for you to wake up on time." "Maybe because you forgot about the satisfaction of a good night's rest since you haven't slept for like .. a century?" "Haha good one, you get funnier and funnier." Edward spared a glance at her, he had seen Cordelia mature from a little infant to the teenage girl she was now in only about six years. He didn't think he'd ever felt time go by as fast as those six years did. Edward believed he was dammed, and he really had no right, but there was one constant prayer that lingered in his mind these past years.

For Cordelia to live forever so she could remain with him and his family forever. It was the most selfish wish Edward had ever wished for.

None of the family heard much about hybrid children, even Carlisle who had been around when immortal children were both created and when they became extinct. Of course Cordelia wasn't like these children in the sense of how they came to be, but maybe they shared some qualities.

When Cordelia came along there was obviously the question of would she live forever? They relied on research and Alice's visions, though she struggled to see Cordelia's future since she had never lived a life like Cordelia's. A loophole in Alice's talent, yet it didn't make her any less magnificent. Her visions had pointed in their favor over these six years but Edward knew they could change quickly and easily. So he prayed and found a lot of irony behind a vampire, whose soul was damned eternally, praying.

"Edward!" He snapped out his gaze, "yes?" "Green light." He turned his attention to the road and pressed the gas, "your birthday is coming up soon." Cordelia's incoming birthday was what brought on this wave of nostalgia for Edward. "About a month away."

"You're going to be older than me soon." She shrugged as if she hadn't put a lot of thought behind her age, "dad thinks I'm not going to age anymore after seventeen which is a few months away." "Don't hybrid children usually reach the age of eighteen before they stop aging?"