nueve

Sam Uley was standing on the wet ground of the forest with an impatient look on his face. It was early in the afternoon and rain had drizzled down earlier leaving dew in the trees and plants. Cordelia was on the steps to her back porch, her family was spread out around her, every pair of fresh amber eyes were on Sam.

"How does this even happen?" Esme was looking back and forth between Cordelia and Jacob who hovered over his imprint protectivley.

They hadn't fully spoken in a few days, Cordelia didn't mind, she hadn't been in the mood to get into it despite how she ached for Jacob. She did spill the beans to her family about her complex love life though. Sam and Jake tagged along for support, she was glad Sam came because he could explain the whole imprint thing much better than she could.

"We don't choose who we imprint on and it happens to anyone whether you want it or not. It usually happens whenever the wolf sees the person he's imprinting on for the first time after his first phase. Jacob phased for the first time about a month ago and he imprinted on Cordelia a short while after."

"Can she reject him and his freaky bond?" It was Rose who said that. Jacob went tense next to Cordelia, she shook her head at him, they didn't necessarily know what they were doing but their common ground was known. Cordelia wasn't going to do that to Jacob and he wasn't going to leave her. Even despite their .. differences.

Sam sighed, "she has a choice and she can either accept or reject Jacob but I doubt that's going to happen." "Why not?"

"Look at them. Cordelia has already accepted Jacob." All eyes went to them. Cordelia was leaning into Jake unconciously as he stood behind her. It was an obvious energy between them, something slightly intimate and trusting.

Jasper was taking in all of these feelings and their intensity was continuously shocking him. Rosalie rolled her eyes, "she can still reject him, you said she has a choice." "She does but she won't." Sam was looking more irritated than impatient now. Rosalie's nostrils flared, "listen here dog-" "I won't do it Rose."

"Cordelia this isn't how you're going to live your life! Tied to some mutt-" "And who are you to decide that for me?"

"I'm your sister!" Emmett grabbed Rose as she started to rush forward, she shook with anger in his grip. This was the first time Cordelia seriously went against any of her siblings and everyone looked shocked. Jacob quietly murmured, "I don't want you to fight with your family-" "I've got this." Cordelia felt like she was acting crazy but the idea of losing Jacob drove her crazier. Before this whole imprint bond even came in, Jacob and Cordelia had a connection. When she met him something inside her just sparked and she wasn't going to let that go. Imprint bond or not, but now he was a part of her and without him she didn't feel complete.

Edward was reading his sister's thoughts with a strange look on his face. He knew they were close but he didn't know how deep into each other they really were. He would never second guess the imprint bond or their connection again. Jasper looked over to Edward and nodded.

"They already had a bond before Jacob imprinted and the imprint bond just intensified it, Cordelia won't reject him." Rose scoffed, "how do you know that?" Edward gave her the driest look and if Cordelia hadn't been so upset she would have laughed. He rolled his eyes before turning to the rest of his family. "I've heard Jacob's thoughts. Like you Rosalie I didn't trust him or this imprint bond, I was ready to fight him or make him stand down. He doesn't think he has any sort of claim on Cordelia and is still willing to let her go despite the bond they've formed. He is willing to do what you all aren't, and that is to let her make her own choices. If you try and force them apart not only will she still find a way to see him, but she won't ever forgive you."