siete

Bella was on the phone leaving Jake yet another message while Cordelia was watching Charlie and Harry Clearwater get fishing gear together.

She missed Jacob and she missed her family. Things had been pretty crappy these past few days. Bella was back to her empty ways and Cordelia was trying to distract her as much as she could but even then it wasn't enough. Especially since they were both hurting. Poor Charlie was back to waking up to Bella's midnight screaming and this time it scared him even more.

Harry, who hadn't spoken at all yet, looked up. "You're Cordelia right?" "That would be me .." "Jacob talks about you all the time, it's kind of annoying." Charlie raised his eyebrows, "Jacob? You and Jake? Didn't see that one coming." Cordelia had a wild blush on her cheeks as Charlie left to go say bye to Bella. There wasn't much to see if her and Jake were over.

Although they hadn't really started either.

She didn't know how to react to what Harry had said but decided she was irritated by the false hope he'd given her. When Harry gave her a smile on his way out the house she had to really bite at her tongue to smile back. Charlie followed after his friend, "stay out of the woods girls," and then he shut the door tightly. Bella went to the window to watch them leave and when they were gone she said, "alright come on. We're going somewhere." "Is it to get burgers?"

"No it's not to get burgers! Wear walking shoes and be ready in five!"

Cordelia did as she was told and was outside in five minutes. Bella joined her with a backpack and map, then she walked straight into the woods. "Uh Bella? Your dad did say not to go in the woods didn't he?" "Yes but .. if I can't see Jake, I need to see Edward." Cordelia was hesitant but followed Bella deeper into the woods.

They walked in silence as Bella tried to navigate her way through the endless trees and soon they made their way into a clearing that was filled with dead ground. The clouds up ahead were starting to rumble a bit, Cordelia was feeling uneasy, it wouldn't be long until rain fell.

Cordelia turned to speak with Bella and saw the pale girl standing with closed eyes and a determined expression. Seeing Bella like this made her heart hurt for her, this was what Edward had made her, filled with yearning and pain. Suddenly Bella fell to the ground with tears welling up her eyes and Cordelia got ready to hold Bella to her but a sudden noise startled both of them.

"What was that?" "I have no clue .." They both whirled around back to back when they were met with a familiar figure. "Laurent?"

A chill went down Cordelia, "Bella .. Little Cullen." Bella looked excited to see him and yelled out his name, "Laurent!" The girl had lost it.
"I must admit I didn't expect to find either of you here." "I live here and so does Cordelia but you .. I thought you were in Alaska with Carlisle's friend?" "Tanya .. I was. It was kind giving my association with James and Victoria .. the enemy." Cordelia tensed, something was very off and Bella was chattering away as if this was some long lost friend. Curse her survival instincts, she had none.

"You tried to help us." Laurent came closer to examine the both of them, "I went to visit the Cullens but their house is empty. I'm surprised they left both of you behind, especially you, don't you bear their name? And you, weren't you some sort of pet of theirs?"

"Um something like that." "Do the Cullen visit often?" Bella hesitated so Cordelia spoke, "very often." The other girl nodded, "all the time. We'll tell them you stopped by .. we probably shouldn't tell Edward actually. Because you know he's protective .."

Cordelia wanted to groan. There were so many things wrong with that lie.

"Why are you here Laurent?" He came close and raised his hand so he could brush Cordelia's cheek. It took nothing but a second for her to grab his hand and twist it, she launched her foot into his abdomen sending him flying back. "Don't touch me or Bella." The sinister smile that crossed his lips made her want to tear him to shreds. "I came back here as a favor to Victoria."