tres

Cordelia was dressed with a dark blue hoodie under a white baseball jersey which had "Cullen" etched on the back. It had been a gift from her brothers when she turned 12.

The sky was dark and moody indicating the incoming storm that had been cooking up for a few days.

Cordelia sat on the hood of Carlisle's car eating a bagel and drinking some orange juice, both of these breakfast items were curtsy of her mother of course. Her parents were getting the bats out the trunk of the car as she ate, her siblings were already out in the field fooling around as they waited on Edward and Bella's arrival.

"What do you guys think of her?" "Of who?" "Bella."

"I like her, I think she's good for Edward. He seems to be much happier." Cordelia nodded, "yeah he does." She leaped off the car after she finished her food and grabbed a few bats from Esme. The three began their way to the open field.

"Why do you ask?" "Just wondering I guess. I think she's cool. She'll eventually have to become one of us though, right?" Carlisle shrugged, "Edward plans on keeping her human." "He's willing to watch her die?"

That didn't sit right with Cordelia. "Yes he is." "And what will he do when she's gone?" She received odd looks from her parents that made her jump, "don't tell me he's going to try and get himself killed after she dies .."

"It's your brother's choice-" "But it isn't fair!"

Thunder rumbled.

Esme grabbed her daughter, "I know baby, I know." Cordelia looked away from the both of them and towards the land out in front of her.

How could he just decide to leave them like that? Weren't they worth living for?

Cordelia didn't want to hate Bella and it wouldn't be fair for her to since this wasn't Bella's decision, but she couldn't help but feel a small amount of loathing towards the human girl. She was after all the reason behind Edward's clouded logic and Cordelia had been dealing with this new logic for a while now. More thunder rolled in as Cordelia fought the urge to slap her brother around silly.

Maybe she was being selfish? Edward had lived a long time without Bella, now that he had her why would he live without her?

"We still don't know if she's even going to stick around for that long love, try not to think ahead." "It seems like Edward's already thought ahead. He's already made his own plans .." Carlisle sighed, "don't get on your brother for this okay? He's still dealing with Rosalie."

Cordelia frowned. What was she supposed to do? Just bottle up her emotions and concern?

When she looked to her parents she realized that was exactly what they were asking her to do.

And it was selfish of him. His death wouldn't just happen to him, it would be happen to their family, to Cordelia. How would she manage without him?

"He's happy Grace. He hasn't been this happy since you were born. Let him have that." Of course they were going to say that. They knew she would never try to ruin or take his happiness. Cordelia loved her brother too much to do that. He deserved to be selfish.

So she sighed and gave a slow nod, "yeah okay." She'd put it on the back burner and worry about it later.

Esme rubbed a cool hand across Cordelia's shoulder and Carlisle kissed her head, "that's my girl." Cordelia hoped the rain would fall already so it could wash away her irritation.

They continued their walk to the field and arrived just on time, Edward and Bella were there waiting with the others. Carlisle gave Cordelia a soft look before he went to go fight over first bat with Rose. She watched them argue and a small smile spread on her lips as Edward came to her side.