dos

Cordelia had never been a fan of early mornings, she typically went to bed late at night only to wake up late in the day. Part of that was because her family was made up of vampires that didn't sleep, the other part was because the night was soothing. Either way, Cordelia found little to no reason to wake up early. Though she did make exceptions.

Edward had run off to Alaska like a wolf with its tail between its legs after his time with Bella Swan. He'd spent about a good week with Eleazar and his family, Cordelia envied him to an extent, oh how she loved the Denali family.

"Cordelia .. your brother will be home soon love," there was her father's voice waking her from her sleep. She asked Carlisle last night to wake her up before Edward arrived home because it was always nice to come home to your family. Plus she had missed her brother.

Cordelia stirred before blinking her eyes open and shut to adjust to the light coming through her bedroom windows. "Your mother made you breakfast," Carlisle bribed and she shot up, "breakfast?"

He let out a laugh before standing from Cordelia's bed, she made grabby hands towards her father who indulged her childlike behavior. In a second, she was swooped into her fathers' arms and he was carrying her downstairs.

The smell of fruit hit Cordelia once they entered the kitchen, if she strained her ears she could hear Emmett and Jasper outside, they'd probably just got back from a hunt. Rosalie was reading the paper while Alice was nowhere to be seen.

"Morning Grace," Esme smiled while Carlisle placed Cordelia in a chair next to Rosalie. "Morning mumma." Esme pressed a cool kiss to her daughter's warm cheek before placing a smoothie bowl in front of her. Rosalie stroked her hair with a fond look and Cordelia leaned into her sisters touch, second nature.

"Morning Rose." The blonde peered into the bowl, "what is that? It looks good." Rosalie took interest in most things human and Cordelia liked to believe that Rosalie lived through her. All the human experience Cordelia had, she shared with her sister.

"Mixed berry smoothie with bananas, strawberries, granola, and peanut butter," she listed with an excited grin.

Esme's cooking got better and better throughout the years, for someone who couldn't eat human food she sure made it deliciously. Years of Esme learning just what her daughter liked.

Rosalie hummed, "well don't let me stop you from digging in." Alice appeared from downstairs with a maniac grin on her pale face. "He's close."

Cordelia began to eat as much as she could but Carlisle shook his head with a disapproving look. "Don't eat fast, your food isn't running away from you, enjoy that luxury." Cordelia and Rosalie giggled at his joke while their father smiled, proud of himself.

The front door was thrown open with one Edward Cullen being dragged in by Jasper and Emmett. "Look who we found lurking around!" Everyone let Esme get to Edward first out of respect. She wrapped him in a tight hug and they exchanged a few words before she let him go.

"How did Alaska treat you, brother?" Cordelia asked from behind her spoon. Edward rolled his eyes and ran his hand through her bedhead, "just dandy." "Missed you," she mumbled and curled into his arms.

"I missed you too. Eleazar says to visit soon." Cordelia looked to her parents who shrugged, "maybe we can go during your next school break?"

"Are you going to ask?" Edward blinked at Alice and then frowned. "Alice no-" "Bella's been looking for you, she even corned Cordelia to ask about your whereabouts." Alice had a mischievous look in her eyes and Cordelia shook her head.

"She didn't necessarily corner me .." A few days ago when Cordelia was on her way to English, Bella had stopped her in the hallway. The family was aware that the Swan girl was curious but Cordelia didn't think she was the type to ask around.