dieciseis

"Don't you feel human?"

"We are human Cordy."

"Totally human," Cordelia corrected.

Kalamata, Greece is where Cordelia and Jacob chose to stay. They wanted to avoid staying in the areas in Greece that crawled with tourists, rather they visited tourist hot spots but came back to their villa in Kalamata at the end of every day. The city was still popular and tourists still passed through but it was a bearable amount and the city was gorgeous. It was inshore and great for hiking through nature which is exactly what Jacob and Cordelia had done for the majority of their time there.

They had used up the day following a trail to a waterfall that they currently sat near. Their feet dangling in the pool of water the waterfall poured into, it was peaceful. They'd passed by a few people here and there but the sun would be setting in roughly two hours so people were eager to get back to their villas or hotel rooms or even to grab dinner.

"Yeah actually, I do." Cordelia laid her head on Jacob's shoulder, his hand coming to rest on her sticky thigh. "Away from Forks ... from everything, it's easy to get lost in the mundane things like traveling and sightseeing." Jacob tensed a bit, "is getting away something you want to do permanently?" He was probably thinking about the pack who had their share of spamming Jacob's phone throughout this trip. None of them would admit it, but they missed each other desperately.

"No, it's just been a lot lately. I'm happy to have a break but I couldn't leave my family forever ... could you leave the pack?" "Maybe ... but not unless I had to." Had to meaning if Bella's transformation went well and they had to leave before anyone could question anything about her new appearance. Immortality was blinding and the distinction in Bella would be striking without a doubt. Cordelia let out a shaky laugh, "let's not worry about any of that unless we have to." Jacob kissed her cheek and nodded.

"You're right though, I do feel completely human and it is kinda nice." "The last time I felt like this was when my family left, before you and I met. Rose and Emmett brought me along to Paris and Rome with them, a European adventure. I forgot about Forks as much as I could then, I still worried about Bella in the back of my mind but it was nice. The life we live .." "It's insane," Jacob chuckled.

His laugh reverberated a bit and Cordelia felt herself smile in response. "We kinda forget the rest of the world and what's waiting out here because of how crazy our lives are." "That's all over now though. The big bad redhead and her army are dead. Bella and Edward are married ... Bella is becoming a vampire. I was so against it but things are starting to feel like they're complete." Cordelia hummed and curled up closer, "exactly."

The two of them marveled some more at the scene of nature before them. Relishing their little pocket of humanity. Everything was okay now, everything was complete, and Cordelia couldn't wait for what came next ... as long as it wasn't any more vampires out to kill her or the ones she loved.

Later on that night after a late dinner and an intimate dessert of ice cream and whipped cream, Cordelia woke to the sound of her phone blasting from the table beside the bed she and Jacob shared. Jacob fussed a bit as she unwrapped herself from his warm embrace, he was nude underneath the sheer bedsheet they used to cover themselves.

Cordelia felt around the table for her phone before finally stumbling upon it in time to answer the call before it went to voicemail. "Hello?"