Chapter 44

She could hear the noises outside. Clearly, the walls were too thin for her to avoid the noises.

It wasn't anything bad really, not something she'd be so traumatized to hear.

It's just that.. Yeji couldn't help but feel the guilt in her stomach rise up. The feeling was bubbling inside her, almost threatening to make her vomit.

It was just too strong, she even felt anxious because of it.

The noises that she was hearing outside of her condominium were the noises of people moving stuff around.

The noises you'd typically hear when someone moves in next door. The noises of pushing in objects and the sound of objects in a box hitting each other.

Someone was moving in next door.

To the same room that Chaeryeong and Jisu lived in before.

Yeji would have a new neighbor and she knows who it is.

It's Ryujin.

Since university is starting for her soon, she took Chaeryeong and Jisu's old place to live in.

Now this isn't a problem to Yeji, nothing of this moving in thing is a problem to her.

It's just the guilt that she's feeling. That's what's bothering her.

Ryujin actually called her last night, asking if she could help and due to the feeling of guilt and fear of seeing Jisu's face again made her decline Ryujin.

Though, Ryujin made sure to assure her that it was fine and she understands why Yeji would decline.

Ryujin just thought maybe they were able to recover a little bit..

Yeji knows Ryujin is hoping for them to make up.

Not in a way that they'd start dating again. It's clear to all of their friends that the two of them getting back together is not an option anymore and they respect that.

But the option of the both of them making up and becoming friends is still there and all of them are hoping for that to happen.

Everyone misses hanging out without all the drama after all.

Even if it's only been two weeks since all of the chaos ended. Everything's peaceful again.

Sort of.

Yeji knows it's all already done, yet she's feeling all these feelings that she shouldn't be feeling right now.

None of this should be in her system.

The guilt.

It should already be gone.

But of course, it isn't gone. Not when Jiwon dropped a bomb on her just when Jisu talked to Jiwon a week ago.

Apparently Jiwon and Jisu became friends overnight (not really) and Jiwon received a ton of information from Jisu and Jisu received the same amount of information from Jiwon as well.

Jiwon never told her anything about that, but she just assumed.

It's bad to assume something like that, especially when she knows Jiwon wouldn't really say anything that will worsen the situation.

And she knows Jisu wouldn't as well.

So.. why?

Maybe she hasn't fully recovered from all that's happened yet. Maybe she hasn't moved on? Which is quite ironic, considering the fact that she was the one asking Jisu to move on.