Chapter 3

Past

Yeji sat comfortably on the bleachers with her feet up on the chairs in front of her. This was hers and Ryujin's hang out spot every time they want to watch the soccer team practice.

They both used to play soccer so making fun of the newbies was basically their hobby. But that was before Choi Jisu showed up.

Yeji thinks that staring at Choi Jisu was now Ryujin's new hobby. She felt jealous as she saw how her best friend/childhood friend approached the girl.

If Yeji truly was clueless then why did she instantly know that Ryujin liked Jisu. A lot. More than a friend should like a friend. Yeji knew it was something else and she hated it.

Ryujin never really told her about Jisu until now. She was Ryujin's first friend before Yeji even came around and Yeji wanted to hate Jisu for it.

She admits. She's jealous and she does like Ryujin, more than just a friend. So when people started talking about Ryujin and Jisu in the hallways, Yeji wanted to be deaf.

Hwang Yeji wanted nothing to do with that, she even considered ignoring Ryujin for a while. But she knew the younger girl wouldn't like that and would just ask her the reason why.

You see, Yeji doesn't want to confess. At least not yet, she needed Jisu to be away so that she could confess, but she couldn't because Jisu would always be there no matter what.

She really didn't understand the hype around Jisu. Yeah, she heard that Jisu could sing, she dances sometimes, Yeji even heard that Jisu is witty and smart.

Good at designing and not to mention how she looks ethereal. Perfect is what they call it.

Yeji couldn't see those though.. or she was just turning a blind eye, ignoring what they said about Jisu. Because, of course, no one can be that perfect.

But suddenly, she understood. One day she understood the hype, finally.

She and Ryujin were in their usual spot that day with both their feet resting on the chairs in front of them when Jisu appeared.

Yeji knew that Ryujin was going to stand up any second now but she didn't. She looked over and saw Ryujin just admiring Jisu from afar while she talks to Lee Chaeryeong.

Yeji tilted her head and turned her attention towards Jisu. What was so special about this girl that even Shin Ryujin was captivated by her.

Jisu was talking to Chaeryeong about something and as Chaeryeong replied, she burst out laughing. Her pretty eyes turned into crescents as Yeji stared in awe.

Mesmerized, she held onto her head. How could someone look so much like a Goddess just by laughing.

Yeji couldn't understand but she knew she didn't hate the way she couldn't. She rested her chin on her palm as she copied the way Ryujin was staring.

What was it?

What was making them stare so much?

Those questions were the things Yeji would always ask herself, finding no answer. Yet, here she is. Finally knowing.

It was simple. The answer was and has always been simple, but Yeji just decided to ignore it. Acknowledging it was easier though.

Simply,

It's because she's Choi Jisu.

Present

Jisu opened her eyes slowly, feeling the way the sun shined directly at her eyes. What time was it? She usually wakes up before the sun even shines.