Chapter 12

Past

Ryujin used to always get tons and tons of snacks from Jisu. Wether it be just candy or anything else that she can give to Ryujin, she would always give.

All the while, Yeji would just be beside Ryujin, staring at whatever food Jisu has brought for her best friend.

Always having her chin resting on her palm. She would just stare. Staring at Jisu. Staring at the snacks. Watching as her hands sometimes make contact with Ryujin's, looking like it's sending chills down both of their spines.

She always looked bitter, having a frown on as she watches these scenes unfold. She could care less about reacting though, she's just.. plain bitter.

And Jealous if you will.

Wanting to receive snacks too. Snacks that came from Jisu. Snacks that Jisu would willingly give to her, but of course, that was all too impossible.

It would only happen in her dreams, imaginations, or somewhere else but reality.

See, discovering that she developed something towards a person other than Shin Ryujin was hard for Yeji to take in.. before.

But when she knew she liked Jisu, she instantly accepted it. Like it was nothing. Like she expected it in a way. Well, everyone gets caught up in Jisu's smiles, yes, but Yeji..

It was just different when she gets caught up in Jisu's smiles. She was precious and Yeji wanted nothing but to protect her with all of her being.

Even though Jisu doesn't really particularly like her, the girl is irritated whenever she feels her presence. Yeji can't really do anything about it.

But, she does get away with some things too though.

She wanted Jisu to give her stuff too, but she can't possibly force the girl to do so. So, she does this thing where she takes the snacks from Ryujin or from Jisu personally.

Simply, it's called, stealing. And, Hwang Yeji is quite proud of herself when she succeeds in taking them.

She could remember vividly how she snatched away the milk that Ryujin has in her hands. Taking it and drinking it before Ryujin could even open it.

Yeah, sure she sounds like a jerk, but this was her crumbs and she's taking every fucking crumb she gets just to satisfy herself.

If Jisu nor Ryujin doesn't reciprocate her feelings.. then boohoo, all she could do is.. take the snacks.

"Hwang! Give it back!" Jisu glares at her, irritated as Yeji, once again, took the chocolate that Jisu was holding.

It was meant for Ryujin, but Yeji takes it as if it was meant for her in the first place.

Yeji didn't care, opening it in one swift move. Playfully smiling at Jisu as the girl rolls her eyes, scoffing.

"You love pissing me off, do you?"

"Well, I can't say I don't. Because, yes ms. Choi. I do." She takes a bite of the chocolate, before smiling to herself. Loving the taste of the chocolate as Jisu huffs.

"That was for Ryujin!"

"Whatever Ryujin owns or has are mine too, so technically, this is mine too" She points at the chocolate before biting on it again.

"I swear, you try your best to get on my nerves every damn time. What the hell do you even want, Hwang?"

Yeji tilts her head to the side, munching on the stolen chocolate. Just innocently staring at her like she didn't just stole something from her.