Chapter 5

Scribbling and erasing over and over has become annoying to Yeji as she couldn't draw and write Jisu's project perfectly. She decided not to throw Jisu's progress away since she put a lot of effort in it.

Also, she knows Jisu would be mad at her if she ever threw it away. The damn project made her sick after all. Yeji was sticking her tongue out, focused on how the fuck the lines worked on the paper.

Yeji swore this project was going to be the death of her. She wished she didn't take up this class. It's an art class, they were both art students. And remembering it now, Jisu was also known back in high school for being a great designer.

Now she wonders what Jisu wanted to do for a living. Yeji groans, annoyed and frustrated at the fact that this project was going to numb her hand and whole arm.. also her pencils and erasers would be a wreck.

She flops down on her chair, leaning back to take a break when she hears her phone ring. She doesn't pick it up right away, trying her best to guess who was calling her at 8 in the morning.

When she reached out to look at who was calling, she was a bit surprised to see that it was Ryujin. Now, Ryujin rarely calls her.. at least not at 8 in the morning.

She picks up and puts it on speaker so she wouldn't have to hold the phone against her ear. "Hey, it's a miracle that you're calling at 8."

"Trust me, I'm surprised as well. Anyway, do you remember the festivals the school always does every year?" Yeji hums as she picks up her pencil, spinning it around her fingers as she stares at nothing in particular.

"Yeah, I do remember that. The one where they put up booths and stuff?"

"Yes! We got a baseball game too, isn't that great??"

Yeji frowns, envy bubbling up inside her, "Hey, that's not fair. We didn't have those when I was still there!"

"Well, boo hoo, Yeji unnie. Yuna also has a soccer match but they're not preparing for that yet" Ryujin chuckles on the other end as Yeji hears people talking in the background.

"Where are you right now?"

"Oh, I'm at school. No classes, we got to prepare our booth"

"What's your booth about? I swear if your booth is a valentine booth-"

"No! That's cheesy!.."

Then there was silence. Yeji rolls her eyes and starts laughing. Despite Ryujin denying that their booth isn't a valentine's booth, Yeji could sense the lie.

"I get free chocolates when I visit, deal?"

Ryujin groans, "Who said you were invited?"

"You're the one calling, I know you were about to invite me."

"Alright, smartass! You're invited, take Chaeryeong with you as well and if you want.. bring Jisu unnie too."

Yeji didn't miss the way Ryujin's voice turned into a teasing tone when she said Jisu's name. "If you're hinting at something, then let me tell you, there isn't anything going on."

She could already feel Ryujin rolling her eyes and frowning at her, but what can she say? There's really nothing going on.. and if there is.. well, she kind of hopes there is.

"Whatever you say, Romeo. Any progress with Jisu unnie?"

"I swear, whenever you call me it's always about Jisu. Do you like her again or something??" Yeji teases but she instantly regretted it when she suddenly felt upset.

What if Ryujin says yes? What if she does like Jisu again.. then what? What does she do?

All those words were bouncing around her head and it was making Yeji more and more upset but she doesn't know why. "You must really be stupid, of course I don't! I'm asking you about Jisu unnie because I'm concerned about your well-being!"