Chapter 2

What Yeji woke up to the next morning was not the obnoxious sound of her alarm clock, but rather an obnoxious friend that somehow found a way to sneak into her apartment.

Her peaceful sleep was interrupted when the warm blanket that was wrapped around her body was harshly getting tugged away from her. Yeji frowns, feeling the cold air hit her body.

Yeji frowns when she couldn't find her blankets anywhere on her bed. She had never opened her eyes so fast in her entire life thinking that someone was going to kidnap her.

She looked around the room and saw a familiar face looking at her, standing at the foot of her bed while holding her precious blanket up in the air.

Yeji lets out a groan, closing her eyes tight as she frowns. "Lee Chaeryeong.." She sleepily muttered, still not processing what she said until she opened her eyes again and saw that Lee Chaeryeong, indeed was inside her room holding her blanket up in the air.

"Wha- What the hell, Ryeong!?" She wasn't expecting Chaeryeong to be in her apartment so early in the morning. "Why are you here??"

Chaeryeong rolls her eyes at Yeji, throwing the blanket back at her as she sits down on Yeji's bed. "Am I not allowed to visit a friend?"

Yeji shuts her mouth, pushing her lips together, creating a thin line, "No? But how the hell did you get in??"

"You gave me a spare key if ever Ryujin wanted to visit, remember??" Her younger friend scoffed. Chaeryeong lives in the same apartment as her, just down the hall.

She remembers Chaeryeong telling her that she's in the same apartment complex with her roommate. Chaeryeong left their old school when Yeji graduated, she transferred to another.

Somehow, the school she transferred to was built close to Yeji's college. Now, Yeji wondered if she lived in this apartment so it was close to her school or because of the fact that she knows that Jisu's in the same college as Yeji.

"... right" Yeji hums as she rubs her eyes, pushing herself to sit on the edge of her bed. "Anyway, that's not the real reason why I came here." Chaeryeong spoke, fiddling with her jacket's sleeves, picking at the fabric.

"I know. But before you say anything, you coming into my apartment uninvited is concerning, please keep the spare key hidden at all times. I don't want some weirdo to steal it and end up killing me in my sleep."

The brunette laughs at what Yeji said. Yeji smiled at her, Chaeryeong never really changed. She's still the smiley baby that Yeji knows and loves.

Though, her fashion sense did change. She now wears those stylish clothes whenever she goes out, it's as if she's always going out to attend a photoshoot or something.

Yeji found it cute though, those clothes fit Chaeryeong well and she's glad that Chaeryeong is growing up into a fine young lady. Sometimes, Ryujin and Yuna tease her for acting like a mom watching her daughter grow.

"Of course. I keep it in my wallet all the time." She reassures Yeji with a smile. The older girl returned it and nodded.

".. Jisu unnie" The younger girl trails off.

It's as if Yeji's ears perked up because of the name. The name that kept her almost up all night last night if she didn't feel the way her body felt tired from running back to her apartment and walking back to her college.

A dumb move, Yeji admits.

Chaeryeong saw how Jisu's name immediately caught Yeji's attention, looking like a puppy sensing that their owner finally arrived after 15 hours of waiting by the entrance.