Chapter 20

Yeji wasn't able to tell Jisu all of those though, for she saw her phone light up, showing her the time. Making her instantly panic because she absolutely forgot that she still has class.

Jisu didn't have class, lucky her. Yeji still has one left before she's able to be free and roam around the campus or go straight home.

So, she sits quietly on her own, listening to her professor talking in class, though her mind is flying off somewhere.

Thinking of Jisu probably.

When she looks to her right though, she sees Beomgyu looking at her on his seat, before waving. Gesturing for her to sit beside him.

Yeji curiously tilts her head to the side. Did he need something? She frowns at him as he rolls his eyes at her. Now patting the empty seat beside him.

Yeji then understood what he meant, looking up front before taking her things, clutching her books close to her chest as she walks right over to Beomgyu who was comfortably sitting on the other side of the room.

No one really cared if you switched seats, no one will get mad so it doesn't matter if Yeji suddenly switched.

She sits down beside Beomgyu as Beomgyu lets out a quiet sigh. "So?"

Yeji frowns at him as she gently places her books on the table in front of her. "So?? What do you mean? Do I have to tell you something?"

Beomgyu blinks before sighing again, he momentarily forgot that Yeji is very clueless. "Have you talked to Jisu?"

"Oh.. Yes. I have."

"So?" Beomgyu shrugs before continuing, "How did it go?"

"It was.. It was just nothing really.."

"Your face doesn't show the expression that it's nothing, you came here in a hurry because you were late, you can't deny the fact that it's not really nothing. It's something."

Yeji lets out a quiet chuckle, not believing that Beomgyu could catch up to her actions that quickly. "Fine.. It's not nothing. You're right.. it's something as you said."

Beomgyu snapped his fingers, "I knew it. Did you confess??"

"Uh?" Yeji widens her eyes, not really expecting Beomgyu to say that. She can't really do that.. not at the moment. She's too scared to do that.

"No. I didn't."

"You must be kidding." 

"Unfortunately, I'm not." Beomgyu stares at her like she's a wild animal that escaped the zoo and is not running around town, scaring people.

He's looking at her in disbelief for short. "Well? Why didn't you??"

"Because?? I don't know if she likes me, Gyu. I'm not certain and I'm scared that she really doesn't like me. After all she literally slapped me and threatened me before, how can I not be afraid??"

Beomgyu lets out a sigh. Yeji is right. She has the right to be scared, to feel afraid of what the outcome may be.

Because she's been through a lot of things. Beomgyu is sure that Yeji doesn't want to make the same mistake again. Doesn't want to fuck this up and risk anything.

"I'm still scared. That when I confess something will go wrong and when I wake up she's gone again." Yeji mutters, fiddling with her pen under the table.

"I don't want to be hurt anymore, Gyu. You know that."

Beomgyu pats Yeji's back. "I know that, Ji. But.. I know my cousin more than you do. All I'm saying is, you don't have to be scared. She'll.. you.. I mean you'll both be alright."