Chapter 27

"You're leaving."

"I know.."

Yeji stares up at the ceiling of her room. The lights were off and the moon was their only light source.

"... do you really want to?" with that question, she feels Jisu shift beside her on the bed.

But she didn't move to look beside her, she felt like she didn't have to. "Do I want to leave? Of course I don't."

Jisu scoots closer to her even though Yeji's still staring up at the ceiling and not at Jisu.

"But then.. your mom wants you to.. right?"

Finally, Yeji turned to look at her and even though it was dark inside the room, Jisu could see Yeji's frown.

She could feel the confusion and sadness that was radiating off of Yeji's expression. Jisu hopes she can answer Yeji's question properly.

"Exactly.."

"And let me guess," Yeji abruptly sits up from the bed before looking down at Jisu. "You're not able to protest because you know you'll have to struggle with forcing them to agree."

Jisu didn't say a word and just nodded, still staring into Yeji's eyes.

Unreadable. Jisu doesn't know if Yeji's mad, disappointed or what, but she knows Yeji isn't ok with any of this.

They're official now! Shouldn't they be happy because of that?

It was just the wrong timing to say this to Yeji. Jisu knew if she told Yeji about it right away, the older girl would think that she's never going to be able to get together with Jisu.

Jisu knows her too well and she'll definitely think like that.

Yeji didn't even expect it to be like this, she noticed that Jisu's been acting weirdly for the past week but she didn't know it would be about this.

About her leaving.

Yeji could take anything, really. But Jisu? Having to go home and would possibly not be able to see Yeji ever again? Call Yeji selfish but that's too much. She understood that her parents and other relatives would miss her and would like to see her.

But she has the right to be sad about this too. Not to mention that Jisu kept it a secret for a week before even telling her.

She could've thought of a way to try and help Jisu convince her parents into agreeing with Jisu just staying here, where Yeji is.

"Jisu, I understand. I really do, but why? Why would you keep it from me for a whole week? Why didn't you at least tell any of our friends? Or.. why didn't Beomgyu tell me..??"

Jisu bit her lip. She's hesitant. Hesitant to answer Yeji.

"Yeji.. everyone knew."

Yeji stops and it's as if she was a robot that lost all electricity that ran through her body to help her stay alive.

Everyone knew and they kept it.

".. Jisu, what's this all about?? Why didn't they tell me?? Why didn't you tell me???"

"Because I knew that if I did, you'd be sad, I knew that you'd be upset even if you tell me that you're ok. You're always like that.. and I hate it whenever you feel that way. I don't want you to be sad anymore, Yeji—"

"I am feeling that right now." Yeji was fast to cut her off. Even if her tone was calm, Jisu knew she was starting to get mad.

"Can't you see? I'm upset right now, not only because you're leaving but also because you didn't tell me.. Everyone knew except me! Why is it like that, Jisu??"