Chapter 1

Past

Yeji remembers the way she had never felt this kind of nervousness before, she's sure about it. She hasn't even felt all these nervousness when she was in elementary, trying to confess to a crush.

She was standing in front of Choi Jisu. Shin Ryujin's rumored crush. It was weird to address Jisu as that but that's what Yeji addresses her and it's not like Jisu would know.

Jisu, mostly known and called as Lia for all the people who aren't close enough to be her friend, but Yeji secretly calls her Jisu. She's the cold looking girl that everyone is intimidated by at first but really, she's a sweetheart with her cute and wholesome eye smiles.

But at that moment, Yeji couldn't see those famous eye smile and wholesome smile. The taller girl was searching Jisu's eyes, trying to find a reason why would she be standing up so close to Yeji with squinted eyes as if she's trying to intimidate Yeji.

Hwang Yeji, being the most clueless person in the universe, tilts her head, shooting a cute yet confused look at Lia. She kind of regrets doing that when she saw the way Lia's face twisted and turned into a more angry expression.

She's mad and Yeji doesn't know why. They don't even talk to each other, they haven't had a single interaction throughout high school yet she's here, invading Yeji's personal space.

Yeji knew she was cold before, that's why she wore her jacket to keep her warm but right now, she feels as if the sun turned to look at her and is trying to melt her with the way her body is starting to sweat.

"... did I do something.. wrong?"

"Stay away from Ryujin."

Jisu harshly pushes her away. Yeji was taken aback by the sudden push, she didn't really take Jisu to be someone strong because she didn't look like she is.

Yeji clearly remembers the way Jisu walked away from her, it's as if she's modelling in front of a crowd with her posture and all. Yeji also could not get over at the fact that she momentarily felt like she was electrocuted by Jisu's touch.

She also remembers thinking, "How the hell do I stay away from Ryujin?? She's my childhood friend and best friend!"

But she knew for a fact that Jisu might actually like Ryujin back and that thought alone scared Yeji back then, because she liked Ryujin too. Romantically.

Present

"Pick up .. pick up pick up"

Yeji repeated under her breath as she slightly and nervously bit on her fingers while her other hand held her phone close to her ear.

She was trying to call Ryujin who's doing God knows what. She doesn't have school today, why wasn't she even picking up?

Yeji needed to talk to her right away. She was currently in her own apartment that she bought because she didn't want to live in a dorm as a college student, also her parents are loaded.

She shamelessly ran out of campus and did not stop running until she reached her apartment, totally forgetting that she has a car and unfortunately leaving it at their campus.

Panicking really does make a person short circuit and forget about important things such as; having a car.

Yeji keeps hearing Ryujin's voice message. She could literally frustratingly throw her phone to Ryujin's house from her apartment. She was sure that Ryujin didn't have class today, it's 12, she should also be awake right now.

"What the hell, unnie?" Yeji lets out a sigh of relief, not even bothering to address the way Ryujin just annoyingly answered the phone after 30 minutes.