Chapter 14

Ryujin lets out a soft sigh as she found herself in the hallway again. The same hallway she and Yeji sat in just the day before yesterday.

And surprise, surprise, Yeji is, indeed there as well. Both are confused at the moment. Ryujin doesn't know why they're in the exact place again and Yeji doesn't know why she's here again.

Everything is giving Ryujin a harsh wave of deja vu. It's quite funny. Finding themselves in the same spot again but right now not a word was spoken.

Yeji woke up in her bed without Jisu. And though the sight made her a bit sad, she could only remembers bits and pieces from last night.

And that was probably the reason why she's there again. In her old high school, sitting beside Ryujin who's wearing Yuna's jersey.

Now, seeing Yuna's jersey, she remembered that she went here to watch Yuna's soccer game too.

"You know I'm starting to think that you're missing this school a lot."

Yeji chuckles at Ryujin before shaking her head. "I would've felt like that if only this place gave me amazing memories, worth remembering, but it didn't."

Sighing, Ryujin reaches her arm out to pat Yeji's head. "I saw you with Jisu last night, you know? Being all sappy and stuff."

Yeji blinks. When did they? Did she forget about that part too? Frowning, she turns to look at Ryujin. "Actually, that's why I came here for. To ask what the hell happened because I cannot remember even if I force myself too."

"Drank too much?"

She hums, "Yeah, I guess I did. I actually thought forgetting events from a party because people were too drunk wasn't real... I guess it is."

Ryujin stands up and fixes her jersey, patting it down as she pulled Yeji up. "Where are we going?"

"To Yuna, of course. She can tell you anything because Jisu unnie has probably told Chaeryeong what happened and Yuna has probably already pestered Chaeryeong to spill."

Yeji laughs, shaking her head as she heard what Ryujin said. She can't believe they're passing around the information like some treasure they need to share to each other.

"Alright, where's Yuna?"

Ryujin has her arm propped on Yeji's shoulder as they walked around the campus, heading to god knows what. "Her soccer game is being held today. She's probably practicing with her teammates right now."

Yeji nods, looking around the familiar place. It was still the same and everywhere she looked, it makes her remember memories of when she used to study there.

Looking at the gates and at the walls and at certain places, she remembers good memories, but mostly bad ones.

Past !TW: Bullying!

Getting pushed around was something Yeji would always see in movies, dramas and even in books when the main character is getting bullied.

She didn't expect to be treated the same. She didn't even know this kind of bullying was real, until she felt it first hand.

Getting hit by a bike whenever she enters the school gates. What the fuck kind of people are these even?? They don't even act like students no more.

She thought, her, getting two injuries at the same time was enough. She guesses it wasn't with the way she always looked like a target whenever the students look her way.

Does she look so much like a punching bag that they would always have the urge to inflict harm on her whenever they see her?

For fuck's sake, she just recovered from two different injuries, she thought after those injuries everything will end.