Chapter 39

"Damn it."

Yeji cursed under her breath as she turned around and wiped the tears that were running down her cheeks non-stop.

She's crying but this time she couldn't hold it in. It's as if both happiness and sadness mixed together and now she's getting so overwhelmed by both feelings. 

When was the last time she saw Jisu? When was the last time she heard her voice? When was the last time that Yeji felt like Jisu's there and was guiding her? 

She couldn't even remember the feeling of having Jisu back in her life. .

It was a bittersweet feeling because even if happiness and sadness got mixed together, sadness was greater and pain was the only thing that Yeji was feeling as she cried. 

"..Damn it, Yeji, stop crying!" She hissed, cursing her own self as she tried her best to stop crying. 

She felt like she was in one of those cheesy Kdramas that Chaeryeong watches every night. 

Why is Choi Jisu here? 

Suddenly, Yeji felt someone resting a hand on her shoulder, catching her attention. She slowly turned to look back, trying not to show the tears in her eyes. 

Trying not to show that she's crying. 

"You alright?" It was Hyunjin, asking with a concerned look on his face. Yeji took a deep breath and silently sniffed before shakily replying with "..No"

Her voice cracked too, which made Hyunjin look more concerned. He was scared. 

He was even starting to think that bringing Yeji here and surprising her with the sight of Choi Jisu was not a good idea. 

And everyone seemed to silently agree as they all looked at Yeji who's still looking away from them. 

Jisu on the other hand was happy and ecstatic but as soon as she saw that Yeji was turning away and hiding her face from everyone else, she felt her energy leave her body. 

Yeji's back is turned towards them and is obviously crying. It was easy to tell because of how her body shook from time to time. 

Jisu has cried many times back in Canada to know that Yeji is indeed crying, she's become an expert in that department. 

Was it because of her? 

She was actually also shocked to see Yeji with them, of course she wouldn't know that they were already okay. 

She was just not expecting to see Yeji as soon as she landed. 

...And was absolutely not looking forward to seeing Yeji's pained expression and even now that she can't see Yeji's face, it still hurt her to know that Yeji's crying. 

Suddenly, Beomgyu who was just beside Jisu held onto Taehyun closely and cleared his throat. Successfully catching everyone's attention except for Yeji. 

"Hey, long time no see, I missed you guys!" He started trying to lighten up the mood because he knows the atmosphere was dropping each second that passed by.

"Y-yeah, same here, I missed your stupid face." Ryujin said with a big grin stretched across her lips. 

Hyunjin was still holding onto Yeji's shoulder when he chuckled at Ryujin's words. 

"You're on a roll today, she woke up and chose violence." Hyunjin pointed at Ryujin while looking at Jisu, Taehyun and Beomgyu. 

Chaeryeong nodded but decided not to feed Ryujin's ego and decided to step in front and pulled Jisu into a bone crushing hug. "Unnie!! I missed you soooo much!!"