Chapter Nineteen: Arriving At Crystal Rose

Now, out of all of the things that have happened at Hogwarts, this field trip to Crystal Rose was actually one that Harry was dreading the most. Krinos was powerful on his own and he has also said that his sister, Melody, was able to bend music and sound to her will. If everyone at their school was as powerful as them, then that could not end well for a lot of the students at Hogwarts. 

Hogwarts, Harry had sadly discovered during his first year there, was like a breeding ground for bullies and brats. Krinos had already shown that he had a low tolerance for bullies, bigots, and anyone that tries to yell at him in general. And if others at his school were just as intolerable toward those types of people, then it was likely that there would be a blood bath on the first day at the school.

And Harry was willing to bet the entire Potter family fortune that one of the first students to open his mouth would be Malfoy since he never learned to shut his mouth no matter what was going on. It was why the fake Moody had turned him into a ferret in the first place, because of Malfoy's language and him trying to curse Harry in the back. 

Harry found it very ironic that none of the teachers ever protect their students from bullies, and yet it was a Death Eater in disguise that had been the only one to ever punish a bully. All the other teachers either never see the bullying happen, are willingly blind to it, or take part in it like Snape. 

In Harry's own opinion, he thought that the really only good teacher at the school was Flitwick. Not only was he one of the kindest and most helpful teachers at Hogwarts, but at the start of each class on the first day of the year, he tells all his students what hours he will be in his office in case any of them have questions or have trouble understanding their homework. He was pretty much the definition of the phrase "Small but mighty." Plus, Harry had to give props to the professor for having the patience to deal with Seamus and his constant fires whenever the Gryffindor messes up his charms. And he does that a lot. How Seamus was able to able to set his feather on fire with a botched levitation charm was beyond Harry.

All the other teachers were either useless or just did not seem to do anything other than teach subpar classes. McGonagall never did anything about bullying even when she was a witness to it. Plus, she was the cause of his bullying when she took away 150 points in his first year just for being out after curfew. It was his first time caught after curfew and she took that many points from him, Hermione, and Neville. It was completely unfair, especially since she only took 20 off of Malfoy.

And with Sprout, he had actually liked her until he saw that she was just as judgemental as all the others in the school. She had treated him coldly in his second year after it was discovered that he was a parseltongue. And she also had treated him very badly in his fourth year after his name had come out of the Goblet of Fire. Not even Cedric standing up for Harry and telling his house that he believed that Harry did not enter his name changed anything. Most of the house still bullied him over it.

Then you come to the useless teachers. Binns and Trelawney. Binns was a ghost that did nothing but drone on and on about the goblin wars, goblin rebellions, and basically every other historical event that centered around his hatred of the goblins. Something of which there was not a lot of, so he basically was "teaching" the same stuff every year and putting the students to sleep every class. And with Trelawney, she was probably almost as big of a fraud as Lockhart. She was no seer and she definitely had no right to teach a subject that could not even be taught to those that had no seer, oracle, or fortune-teller blood in them. Not to mention that basically every time that she sees him, she constantly predicts his death.

But this leads to probably the biggest problem in all of Hogwarts. Snape. Snape was nothing but an adult bully that cared more about his grudge against a dead man than he did about being an actual teacher. If he was not insulting the students of the other houses, he was taking points from them or giving detention for things like breathing too loud or smiling. And yet with his Slytherins, he is praising their work non-stop or giving them points for things like showing up on time or greeting their teacher. It was no wonder most students hate Slytherins when their head of house acted like that.