Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Storm Is Coming

Harry did not know that any place could be as welcoming as Crystal Rose. Not only was the school itself such a beautiful place, but the students were also very kind. T'challa and Hawk were certainly very helpful with getting the Hogwarts students in Winter Wolf comfortable since they were very new to the mystic soul environment.

And even when they had gone to breakfast the next morning, Harry could see that there were other Hogwarts students that seemed to be opening up more to the mystic souls. Sure, there was still a lot that looked at the mystic souls as if they were going to start attacking them at any given second, but it was not all of them. He knew that he saw Luna talking with some of the other Unicorn students, including Krinos. And Neville was also seen talking with Unicorn students as well. Fred and George were happily chatting with their fellow Griffins. Harry was glad that not everyone instantly hated the Crystal Rose students.

And over the weekend, things tended to actually remain somewhat calm. Headmistress Jiwe had even announced that Monday and Tuesday would also not have classes to give the schools more time to adjust to each other. It was mostly peaceful, but Harry was not thinking that it would last for much longer. Especially with those like Malfoy, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny around.

And speaking of the annoying trio, Harry had been able to mostly avoid the three of them after he had been sorted. He was really glad that Headmistress Jiwe was not the same type of easily influenced person as there was back in magical Britain. She held her ground and he had not been transferred to Dryad nor was the trio transferred to Winter Wolf. He was very thankful to the headmistress since she obviously is a very stern but caring lady that takes no nonsense from anyone.

He was also pretty sure that was probably one of the few times that Dumbledore ever actually heard the word "no" before. He probably threw a temper tantrum when he was finally alone.

But as he would steal glances at the trio every now and again during meals, he saw that none of them interacted with their fellow Dryad students. And not just that, but the Dryads seemed to also be glaring at them a lot. It did not surprise Harry that the three of them were already making enemies at Crystal Rose.

On Tuesday, he saw that the glaring had not stopped. He decided that asking T'challa what he thinks went on would be the best thing. He knew a lot more about the school than he did himself after all.

"I do not interact much with the Dryad students, if I am being honest," T'challa tells him as they sit down for breakfast.

"Really," Harry asked, slightly confused.

"In any school, there are bound to be rivalries and those that don't get along," T'challa explained. "If you take the actual magical creatures that represent our houses, winter wolves and dryads have never gotten along in history."

"I know that dryads are tree spirits," Harry admitted. "They are like nymphs, only they work only with trees while nymphs can be in forests, water, mountains, and other places. But, I don't know anything about winter wolves."

"Winter wolves are an ancient branch of warrior animals that were said to have been born when moonlight first shined over the ice during the Ice Age," T'challa explains. "They appear as white wolves, but with magical armor made out of ice. It is even said that their howl could summon a powerful blizzard."

"That is actually very cool," Harry was amazed by the magical creature. "And that does now make sense why they would not get along with the dryads. Ice and nature are not a good pairing."

"It's why the students of Winter Wolf and Dryad don't typically get along," T'challa said. "Our personalities usually clash. They are typically secretive loner types while we are the house that is like one big pack. We're too different to get along."