Chapter Thirty-Five: Light And Dark Debate

"That was probably the first actual good potions class that I have ever had," Harry's smile was larger than it ever had been at Hogwarts.

"We told you that Crystal was good," Melody giggled.

"You call your professor by her name," Harry was shocked by that.

"Most of us grew up knowing both Abby and Kryos," T'challa explained. "Crystal Rose starts their students younger than wand-user schools, so we all have known them for years. So, that also means that we have known Crystal for years as well."

"She is like a big sister to a lot of us," White says. "We don't call her by her name in class, but we do when not in class."

"Plus, she has only been our teacher for a few years," Hawk said. "So, a lot of us are still not used to calling her 'Professor Gold.' Haha!"

"You all are certainly closer than most students would be with their teacher," Harry said.

"Even before Crystal became the Potions teacher, the professors have always been there for us," Melody says. "They help students that are having trouble in class, they offer advice for future careers, they stop any bullying that they either see or hear about, and they do a bunch of other things for us as well."

"That is definitely better than the teachers at Hogwarts," Harry commented.

"After how your own professor behaved during class, I am not surprised," Hawk said.

"Why would a professor even act like that," T'challa asked Harry. "How he behaved was not right. He targeted you even when you were not even doing anything wrong. Yours and Melody's potion came our great even when you never made a mystic soul potion before. And yet he was acting like you could not do anything right."

"That's Snape for you," Harry rolled his eyes.

"That's normal behavior for him," White raised an eyebrow.

"You have no idea," Harry sighed. "Pretty much since the moment that I stepped into Hogwarts, he has had it out for me. He asked me a series of questions when I first got into his class and I didn't know any of the answers. I asked Fred and George about them after class and I learned that all of the questions were ones that were meant for older students. Not a single question was for a first-year. And yet he acted like I was being arrogant and did not even try and study before class."

"I have never heard of such unprofessional behavior," Melody felt insulted by a professor acting like that.

"At least Crystal was able to scold him for acting like that," White said. "Maybe this might actually show him how teachers are supposed to act."

"I highly doubt that," Harry said. "According to every single older student that I have asked, Snape has been like that for years. Even before I came to Hogwarts, he has been known as the Dungeon Bat of Hogwarts."

"Why are there even classrooms in a dungeon," Melody could not help but ask.

"Don't ask me," Harry held his hands up in surrender. "I only attend the school, I didn't design it. Salazar Slytherin probably was just a very dramatic person and like scaring his students by having his house and his classroom in the dungeon."

"I actually like a teacher with a sense of humor like that," Melody giggled.

"Better than having a classroom high up in a tower or something," Hawk says. "I may be able to fly, but I know that there are plenty of people that are terrified of heights."

"Well, actually, there are Divination and Astronomy classes," Harry was about to tell them.

"Don't," Hawk stopped him before he could say anything more. "We already have things piling up about what we do not like about your school."