Chapter Seven: Godfather-Godson Bonding

Harry did not know when was the last time that he had slept as well as he did that night. There was no nightmare, no uncomfortable mattress, no night terror that caused him to wake up screaming, no Dursleys waking him up at the crack of dawn to start him on his mountain of chores, nothing. And the room he was in was not that bad. 

It was about a third of the size of his dorm at Hogwarts, which made it a decent size since his dorm was made to house five boys at once. While the room could have used a splash of color, it was a nice shade of green on the walls with a few pictures here and there. There was also a Slytherin rug that was somehow still soft to the touch. The bed was also very comfortable with blankets as smooth and soft as silk. It was a canopy bed with a king-sized mattress. They also had a Slytherin color scheme to them, but Harry had actually always liked the color silver. There was also a big desk, a large wardrobe, and even two bookshelves. Harry figured whoever this room used to belong to was probably quite the good student in his days.

While most of the colors and decor he would want to change, Harry was sure that Sirius would let him. Even if he wanted the room to be entirely pink.

Sirius was the only adult that Harry knew that he could trust with anything and everything. The one adult that never let him down. He sent him letters even when Dumbledore ordered a mail/information block on him. He told him stories about his parents when no one else in his life even attempted to. He gave him the first-ever bit of family love that he had ever felt. He treated him as just Harry Potter, his godson, and not as Harry Potter, Boy-Who-Lived. And most of all, he listened when he would talk to him. Most others he met would just be pretending to listen and then just force their own opinions down his throat without even trying to listen to what he thinks himself. Sirius never pretended. He actually listened to his opinions and anything else he had to say and was actually interested in what he had to say. 

Harry was also now very glad to not only be away from the Dursleys but also finally be getting some information out of people. Olivia seemed like a good person that actually wanted to do something against Voldemort. She also talked about demons and he really wanted to ask her about them. They sounded dangerous and since he was Harry Potter, that usually meant that they would endanger his life at some point. It seemed that was usually the natural order of things when it came to his life.

And this whole thing about her being a mystic soul also sounded really intriguing. He didn't know what they were, but they sounded very interesting. Olivia described herself as a time mage, so he wondered if other mystic souls were like her or were different.

Out of curiosity, he opened the wardrobe. He was shocked by the nice clothing inside of it. There were a few Slytherin robes, which he expected given the carpet. There were also silk shirts, velvet coats, nice pants, and a variety of amazing cloaks. There were even some dress shoes and dragonhide boots on the floor of the wardrobe. Whoever this room belonged to before, he had some very expensive tastes in clothing.

There was a knock on his door as he was looking inside the wardrobe.

"Come in," Harry said.

"Hey, pup," Sirius smiled as he came in.

"Morning, Sirius," Harry smiled back.

"Had a good sleep, I hope," Sirius said.

"First time in months, actually," Harry sighed. "How have you been, Sirius?"

"I am much better now that you're here," Sirius smiled at Harry.

"Is Olivia still here," Harry asked. "I wanted to ask her some questions."

"She had to go back to Greece," Sirius answered. "She will be back, maybe with one of her cousins, but she still has responsibilities as a council member."