Chapter Forty-Two: No Apologies

Harry had never felt so good about anything in his life. Not only did he finally do something against Snape, but he was able to get away with it. Every time that he experienced anything about Crystal Rose, he started to prefer it more and more to Hogwarts.

Crystal Rose had more classes to choose from. They also did not have any bullying, bias, or evil teachers. The only time that he had learned that any of the teachers had been evil had been when a possessor demon had managed to find its way into the school and possessed one of the teachers. It reminded Harry a lot of what had happened with Professor Quirrell, but he was sure that in this case, there was no second face growing out of the back of that teacher's head while possessed.

The more that Harry thought about it, the more that he wanted to become a real student of Crystal Rose. Not just a visitor for the year. Sirius was now free, but that only solved one of their many problems. Especially since even when Sirius was free, he was only free in Greece given that magical Britain was obviously going to deny the Magic Council's trial since it was basically like a giant middle finger at the British ministry. So, it would also make sense that Sirius would not be able to gain custody of Harry. If he tried, they had no idea what other issues that would cause.

Most of those issues would most likely come from Dumbledore. After all, he had known that Sirius was innocent from the start since he was the one that cast the Fidelius Charm to hide Harry's parents. So, he was aware that Sirius was not their secret keeper. Also, he had been aware of Sirius's innocence of the other crimes he was accused of for almost two years before he was kicked out of his Chief Warlock position on the Wizegmont. With that position, he could have simply ordered Sirius to be given a fair trial with no one able to stop him, and yet he didn't.

There was also the obvious treatment that went on while they were staying at Sirius's house back in England. What they had all been trying to do could not be more obvious if they tried. Almost everyone other than Remus, Kingsley, and Mr.Weasley had been doing their best to try and keep the two of them away from each other. Harry was been really pissed at how they had all tried to keep him away from his godfather. And given that he now knew that Sirius was also his blood-adopted father, it only made him even more pissed.

He just hoped that with Olivia, the Magic Council, and basically everyone at Crystal Rose on their side, they would be able to try and have a more peaceful life. Something that Harry has always wanted, but has never been able to have. Especially given everything that he's been through since entering Hogwarts. 

All he wanted was a life where he did not have to continue looking over his shoulder. He wanted a life where he did not have to worry about the press. And most of all, he wanted a life where he did not have to worry about his friends betraying him.

Melody placing her hand on his shoulder snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Are you doing alright, Harry," she asked him.

He smiled and nodded at her.

"I'm fine," he tells her. "I don't think that I could be anything other than fine given that I finally gave Snape what he deserved."

"While I feel the need to not encourage violence against teachers, that man is hardly any type of teacher," Melody says.

"It's not like it was real violence, anyway," Harry smirked. "All I did was turn him into a toad. Not like I kicked him while he was turned. Even if that was really tempting."

"Sofia and the other animal mages in the school might say something about animal cruelty, but I am sure they would give you a pass once they would know it was Snape," Melody giggled.

"You guys are definitely a lot more fun than most of my classmates at Hogwarts," Harry laughed.

"Don't let those twins of yours hear you say that," Melody teased him. "They might instantly forgive you, but I don't think they would want you saying that anyone is more fun than them."