Chapter Fifty-Five: Heart of the Storm

There were not many things that could make Harry optimistic. After everything he has been through, he was not the type of person to look on the bright side of things nor have hope that things will work out in the end. But, for once, he could focus on things that were not the next attempt on his life.

After Umbridge was sent to prison, it was like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. While she couldn't do much to him while at Crystal Rose, seeing as she had no power while in the school, it didn't stop him from worrying about her. Especially since after seeing her at his hearing, then seeing that she was the new DADA professor, and finally seeing how much of a blood purist she is, he was not surprised at all to know that she had sent the dementors after him the past summer.

He was a little worried about the potential of Umbridge getting broken out of jail by Fudge's minions, but his worries were put to rest when Krinos and Melody explained the Greek magical jails to him. In magical Greece, there were four main prisons. The first two were known as Styx and Acheron, named after two of the rivers in the Underworld. Styx is the river of hatred that the gods are known to make oaths and vows over. Acheron is the river of misery where all hopelessness is found. They were the lower-level prisons, the Styx for women prisoners, and Acheron for male prisoners. They were meant to hold those arrested for small things like theft, breaking and entering, shoplifting, and accidental manslaughter.

The next prison was Asphodel, named after the Asphodel Medows of the Underworld. In the Underworld, it's the place where souls go when they have not committed any crimes bad enough for the Fields of Punishment but also did not do anything great enough to go to the Elysian Fields. But for the prison, it is where criminals guilty of medium crimes go. Like assault, kidnapping, abduction, arson, or assisted suicide.

The worst is Tartarus Prison, the place named after the worst part of the Underworld. Where the most evil of monsters and titans were kept, including Kronos. The prison relates to that since it is where the badest of the bad are kept. Almost all prisoners there are there for life sentences, really long sentences, or were to stay for a short time before they were executed. Their crimes ranged from murder, mass murder, rape, or even treason, use of black magic, and attempting to break the stature of secrecy. It had been used for thousands of years since it was established, and no one could break out. Krinos and Melody even admitted to him that was the prison where their older brothers were sent after the two murdered their parents.

So, he had nothing to worry about regarding Umbridge ever leaving the prison. Fudge's minions would never stand a chance of ever even getting near the prison, let alone passing the guards, to her cell, and then getting out with her. It was more likely for a unicorn to give birth to a dragon than it was for a wand-user to escape a mystic soul prison.

Everything was, for once, looking up. Sirius, Olivia, and Remus were looking up ways to defeat Voldemort. Dumbledore was too busy dealing with Headmistress Jiwe, who was delaying him as much as she could about "potential mystic soul allies for the Order of the Phoenix," to annoy him. Krinos and Melody were so terrifying that they were keeping away Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. Snape had not approached him since he had turned the adult bully into a toad. Harry was finally having a good year in the magical world, for once.

His luck also seemed to have been increasing as well. Such as how the trial took place on a Friday, so they all had the weekend to relax after Umbridge was sent to jail. And they all really needed that.

Harry had chosen to sleep in since he had been incredibly tired after everything that happened at the trial. When he had woken up, he was one of the few still in Winter Wolf. Most of his other housemates were gone. He figured not all of them would have slept in as late as he had. So, he chose to go out and look for his friends after he got dressed and ready for the day.