EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

[Are you going back to the philippines?]

I siged heavily and rested my back on the swivel chair while looking outside the wide window. I had been so busy this past few weeks that I've lost track of what my father said. I massaged the bridge of my nose, being more stressful right now.

"No." I said. "Can I take a leave?"

I decided it right now. I don't have enough sleep because of work here in the States. I've been here for almost two years now. I want to take a break. I already did what I needed to do here in the office.

[Where are you going, son?]

When my mother died I have decided to go back here in the U.S to work. If I'll stay in the philippines I will only remember everything that I had been through. Since my mother's death and about my relationship with Irene. I know she's happy now wherever she is and I also need to be happy too... for myself.

It's already 4 years since I left everything and just focused on myself. I didn't enter a relationship because it sucks knowing I'll always comeback to her whenever she wants. I'm still so crazy about her.

"Hawaii." I said and closed my eyes.

I hired some good people to stalk here. I don't want to do it by my self because I'm afraid if she'll know about it and stay away to me again. I've heard that she's in hawaii with her family and they're still running their business there which is the cafe.

I also heard that she already made her name in the painting industry. I'm so happy when I heard it. I know she's now reaching her dreams on her own. She's now a growing woman and I'm happy for her.

[Okay, then. Should I process the papers?]

"It's okay, dad. I will do it."

When the call ended. I decided to go home to rest. I assign my secretary to book me a flight to Hawaii. I don't know what to do if we will meet again after all this years. I have questions to her that I can't still answer like... why did she leave me?

When the plane left the ground I let out a heavy sigh. I stay on my penthouse for the meantime because I'm still looking at her. While driving... what should I say to her? Should I greet her? Hello? It will be awkward.

[Exhibition, Sir. Itetext ko na lang sa inyo yung address.]

When I got the message I automatically grab my coat and leave my penthouse to attend her exhibition. I was a bit tired that time but I am determined to see her right now. This is my first time to see her after so many years.

"I hoped that this painting will open your heart to love art just liked us. And, all this paintings will represent our hardworks and our beloved passion. Thank you and have a good day."

I looked at her when she smiled at the people who's looking and listening to her. My gazed went to her hair. It is now shorter than before. It still looks good on her. But, when our eyes met I saw how her smile fade. Why is that? Is she still mad at me? Her eyes can tell what her mouth can't say. I sigh and just walked away, just enough for her not to see me.

When I'm still in the States. Buying her paintings become one of my habit. When I bought my penthouse I decided to put another door for her masterpieces. I painted the door into purple one because it's her favorite color. I'm not obsessed to her, I just liked her paintings and that is one of my promise to her that I'll buy it someday. All of her paintings is good and I like all of it. I just can't buy it by myself. So, I asked someone to buy it for me.