Partial Truths

Wei Ying felt himself tumble downwards once Lan Zhan managed to get them to the JingShi. He swallowed, his body trembling. He agreed to do the testimony, of course, why would he not, but the idea of having to see them...even momentarily, even with the protection that he currently had with him, it sent shudders down his spine. He did not want to have anything to do with them again, but then again, he had known that he would need to testify the things that had happened. He agreed to it as well, knowing it would likely stop them from being able to do anything similar to anyone else. That was the main point of all of this right? To stop similar things from happening to other innocents? 

He still knew that it would be trying. He agreed, and he would not back down. No matter what he would attend that trial, he would say his piece, and then he would leave, just as XiChen had agreed to. Despite the reassurance that he would be safe and protected, it did not help the feeling of wrong footedness as a general whole. He could not help but wonder if he would actually manage to do this without breaking down. He would have to, he would do his best, and he knew he would manage the testimony part, if it killed him he would make it happen, but really...it still worried him. What about afterwards? What if they did not get inducted? What if they were found not guilty? How would that affect the Lans? They had been so kind to him. For all their flaws, and the fact that his cultivation style was sort of...weird and odd and confusing according to Lan Zhan, they still helped try and figure out what was going on, and they had offered him a place to stay, and given him lessons and taught him so many different things. 

"It will be okay," Lan Zhan said, his voice firm and resolute. It was such a Lan Zhan thing to say that Wei Ying could not help but smile a little in fondness. For all the things that had happened, he had to say that meeting Lan Zhan was the highlight of all of that. He would rather go through everything all over again if it meant that he could meet Lan Zhan again, in another life, in another time, it was worth it. He decided not to dwell on what that could mean. 

"Thank you Lan Zhan," He said softly, his voice scarcely audible, but the smile still on his face. He could not help it. Lan Zhan was so...so...sweet. It was hard to control at times, the awe and shock that he felt around the other. He was just so pure, and it sent Wei Ying into various levels of surprise every time he did something that was so obviously done for him. He never expected it, and he doubted that he ever would. Lan Zhan was just...such a kind soul. It was not something that he would ever be able to replicate. 

Lan Zhan and Wei Ying both started at the knock on the door, neither one of them having expected it. Wei Ying pouted slightly, the trance that they were in having been broken as Lan Zhan moved to open the door. The revealing of Lan SiZhui and Lan Jingyi, however, quickly had his pout turning into a blinding smile, joy clear in his face and his eyes. 

"Hey!" He said, excitement poorly concealed in his voice. He had not really bothered to really try at that point, though so, it was more just happiness. He was glad to see the two. Then again, he always would be. "What are you two doing here. Did you finish your classes? How are they going?" SiZhui glanced at Lan Zhan who pursed his lips slightly, a small ever so slight frown to them, but moved to the side to allow the two entrance to his room, because Wei Ying wanted to speak to them. 

Something which would have never happened beforehand. Before Wei Ying, none had been allowed in the JingShi barring extremely severe conditions. XiChen, Lan Qiren, and SiZhui were at times allowed in, but a majority of the time, any sort of meetings happened outside the JingShi. It was not surprising, Lan Zhan was a rather private person, and allowing others into his space was not something he was known for. He scarcely spoke to anyone barring the immediate Lan members, and he was severely antisocial. It caused some tensions with him and the other generations of the Lans, but either way, that was before. Lan Zhan had let Wei Ying into his room multiple times, something which had surprised anyone who had seen or heard about it. Gossip may be forbidden in the Cloud Recesses, but sometimes the younger Lans could not help themselves, and since it was hard to figure out who exactly had started the rumors, it was hard to punish. 

The fact that Lan Zhan was allowing Lan JingYi, and Lan SiZhui, in the room without much hesitation simply because Wei Ying wanted to speak and see to them was something that told quite a bit more than perhaps anyone, including Wei Ying, quite understood. It was obvious that Lan Zhan was severely protective and caring of Wei Ying. SiZhui knew that he liked Wei Ying, anyone with eyes could tell. Though, perhaps the two were a bit oblivious to that themselves. 

"Classes are going well, we have finished. I was headed to the library when Master XiChen had told me that he had informed you of the pending trial. I suggested bringing myself and JingYi, and he had said that if it was okay with Lan Wangji than it would be allowed." 

Which was not the entire truth, of course, but it was still technically the truth, but only on technicality. Either way, Sizhui was not above manipulating the wording as long as it suited his purpose, sending JingYi a smile and a warning glare in his eyes before he could say anything about it.