Mercy

Wei WuXian could not help but to laugh, for some reason though he was not entirely sure what about the situation was so hilarious to him. And once he started laughing, it was incredibly difficult to stop. He...he could not. Even at the loosening of the grip which Lan Wangji held on his robes due to the shock and slight concern over his behavior, he simply could not stop laughing. He almost fell from the weight, and perhaps he was becoming slightly hysterical. It would be understandable, considering what he had been through within the last few hours alone. He had been put in several emotionally compromising situations and it was completely understandable. Not that the young Lord knew that, which only served for him to laugh harder, tears beginning to fall from his eyes. It was almost too much for him to bear. Too much for him to really think about. it was...Shock, and it was surprise, and it was utter helplessness, and so many more, and he was everything at once. He was shocked, and helplessly surprised that he could not even really think about anything else but the laughter which was echoing from him. He could not stop the feeling of helplessness which added to his hysteria.

His core. His core? Of all things? He did not even know what this young master was even talking about, did not understand what he was speaking of. He had heard words as such before, of course, they floated around when Jiang Cheng would come in swearing and such anger on the tip of his body and pain following quite swiftly, but he was not entirely certain what the other person meant. What core? It made no sense and unfortunately it seemed as though it were quite obvious that he was not really going to be able to get any sort of clarification from this young master. Which was perfectly find by him. Despite his curiosity, which was really more in the moment than anything else, he was also not exactly certain that he really wanted to know what was meant. Why would he want to know? What if it was something bad and dangerous? Then again, Lan Wangji had said 'your core' meaning that he had one, which meant that even if he did not really want to have one he did and it was useless to hope otherwise. Perhaps...perhaps he should ask what the other meant? Despite his reservations about wanting to know what the other was talking about perhaps if he asked he would be willing to tell him and therefore Wei Ying would be able to get a little bit more clarity on the matter.

No....Wei Ying quickly threw that suggestion out of the water. He did not want to know what the other meant. He would figure it out soon enough anyways, why bother with something extra? Especially if it would come across as him seeming stupid. Though he was not sure why that bothered him, but he did not want to be held in such a light by this young master. He was certain it would, it would be better to simply play it off as something dumb which the young master had said rather than the other way around. Wei Ying did not want to seem incompetent or incapable. Something he was certain he already was in spades. Still, it was better...he did not want to anger the young master either. He had no idea how his asking what would seem to be such an obvious thing would be taken either. He was not exactly eager to think about it. Would much rather just...deal. It was simpler. He would figure things out himself, as he usually did, and forego asking such a ridiculous question. Besides...The fear which he had so abnormally managed to throw his way was still curling in his veins and he was not really certain how to feel about it, though he did know he would much rather not risk any further repeated performance. It was a strange thing for him already.

Wei WuXian did not fear people, which may seem rather odd. He had been through quite a bit and seen quite a bit of dark things. He understood the dark which many humans were more than capable of...more than delighted to inflict pain upon others for their own sick satisfaction and enjoyment yet he had never truly feared them...still, it would not be wise to risk angering this young master. Especially if he was going to be stuck here for a while. Plus, he had the same family name as Lan XiChen, though he supposed perhaps that did not mean much, but he had been called Second Master by SiZhui, which would mean that they were more then probably friends at the very least. Furthermore, while having the same last name really meant nothing, it could not be for certain whether or not he was some type of family relation to the kind person who had helped him escape from the Jiang clan. Lan was not, to his knowledge, and incredibly common family name...he would not be surprised if there was some connection between the two, but it could also be something that everyone within their sect takes on. He did not really know and he would much rather not risk accidently angering the other Master's family. It would not bode well in any case.

Wei Ying calmed himself, finally managing to stop laughing. He looked up at the young Master through watery eyes. The consequences of his laughter.

"Young master," Wei Ying implored gently, "Perhaps we should focus on other things. Things like why a ton of fierce corpses were wandering so close to GusuLan anyways. As well as, perhaps, for what reason could they be so far out? It was a dangerous area after all, for such creatures, venturing so close to a righteous and powerful sect." Lan Wangji seemed to think about it as he stepped back and away from Wei Ying.

"Come." He said curtly, and turned.