Part 30

Wei Ying was a mix of absolutely mortified, and wanting to laugh at the same time. He could not believe had mistaken a Sect leader for a servant, and he found himself hiding behind Lan Zhan, not knowing what else to do. He had just...practically insulted a Sect Leader. Why was he not flying into a rage. Instead he just looked somewhat affronted and gazed at him curiously. Wei Ying did not know what to do about this, confusion flooding his mind. He glanced at the younger kid, thinking he was a bit safer. Nie..Huaisang? He remembered from Lan Zhan's lectures. The younger was the Sect Heir since Mingjue had taken up the mantel. He had heard a lot of things about Nie Huaisang. Lan Zhan never really said much, the other was not fond of gossip, and it was against the Cloud Recesses rules, so he had to be careful what he asked about the other. Looking at him, Wei Ying thought everything that Lan Zhan had said was correct. He stared off into space, wondering if he should speak with him. He knew that he was just supposed to go and present his witness, but a part of him wanted to talk to him. He glanced up at Lan Zhan who was staring at the Sect Leader with a blank expression. Tugging on the elder's sleeves Wei Ying managed to get the fond golden gaze to move towards him and Wei Ying smiled a bit.

"C-Can I talk to him?" He whispered, wanting approval before he just went and randomly did things. He did not know if Lan Zhan would approve and he did not want to be rude to his benefactors. They had taken him from the Jiangs, done so much for him, the least he could do is not wander about and do things that were outside of their permission. Lan Zhan just gave him a small nod and Wei Ying took off, snatching Huaisang in a big hug.

He did not know really why he had wanted to make an acquaintence with the other so badly. Perhaps it was the shock that there was another person that he thought that he could get along with. perhaps there was something that allured him to Huaisang. He was not really sure, and Lan Zhan was a gracious person. He had friends at the Cloud Recesses. JingYi, Sizhui, and...and Lan Zhan. Though, he wondered what would happen when this was over and he was no longer in need of protection. He worried about what he would do then. He knew that it was likely impossible that he would be able to stay at the Cloud Recesses. Lan Zhan was likely going to get tired of him one way or another.

"Hi," Wei Ying said with a bright look in his eyes. Mingjue and Huaisang stared at Lan Wangji in shock. The thought that the Second Jade would allow would allow someone within his caravan to launch himself with a total lack of propriety was a bit...dashing of their previous imagery of him. He just stood there and watched as Wei Ying launched himself at Nie Huaisang.

Huaisang just smiled at him and pulled him away slightly to look at him in the eyes and gave him a small smile. He was a bit shocked at the sudden enthusiasm from the boy but it was probably because Lan Zhan was standing right there and he knew that he was safe. He was happy that despite everything going on the boy seemed to be a bit joyful, at least a little.

"Hello, you must be Young Master Wei Wuxian right?" Wei Ying tilted his head and glanced at Lan Zhan who just gave him a small nod. Wei Ying smiled and turned back to Nie Huaisang and gave a nod of his own.

"Yes, you...you are Young Master Nie right? Lan Zhan told me about you." Nie Huaisang gave a tense smile, glancing his own gaze at Lan Zhan somewhat worried. What would the young Jade say about him that would cause Wei Ying to rush towards him like that. He was really being forced to reassess everything that he had previously thought about the young Jade Master. He gave a small laugh but turned back towards Wei WuXian.

"Did he?" Wei Ying nodded slowly, solemnly.

"He said that you would be a nice person for me to get to know. I...I apologize if I came off a bit too much." Wei Ying instantly apologized and Lan Zhan made a move to interrupt but he did not get the chance before Nie Huaisang did it for him. The boy shook his head and flicked out his fan covering his face as he did so.

"There is no need to apologize Wei Gongzi. Absolutely none. I am glad to meet your aquaintance. I am sure that we will be great friends." Nie Huaisang glanced at Dage, and at Lan Er Gongzi, before making eye contact with the latter. "Second Young Master, is it alright if I take Wei-Gongzi with me around Qinghe?"

Lan Zhan, a part of him wanted to refuse, but he also knew that it would not do to keep Wei Ying from someone whom he thought would be good for him. As much as he wanted Wei Ying to keep close to him, he knew that Nie Huaisang was one person who would be able to help him best. He would keep him calm and excited. Nie Huaisang was a rather gentle young master as well, and it would do well for Huaisang to have more friends just as much as it would be good for Wei Ying. He could not refuse Wei Ying this.

"Mhm," Huaisang stared at him not really knowing what that meant, but Wei Ying jumped up and rushed over to Lan Zhan giving him a small smile before latching his arms around his waist, leaving Lan Zhan standing stiff. He was glad to know that Wei Ying was healed enough to feel more comfortable giving more physical contact, though he had a suspicion it had to do with the fear lingering in the background as well, either way he would not stop it. He did note, with a great deal of pleasure, that his hug was far longer than the one he had given the young Nie master.

"It is alright, go. I will fetch you when we are ready." Wei Ying gave him a smile, and released a content sigh.

"Please be careful," He whispered softly and Lan Zhan hummed softly.