The talk

Wei Ying doomed himself to the inevitable. There was no way that he could escape what was going to come, although perhaps his idea of what was going to come was a bit different from the rest. He was certain that the moment this Lan Qiren came to speak with him, he would hate him, throw him out, and cast him to the streets, doomed to likely be murdered, or found by the Jiang clan. Lan Wangji could not be moved. Not that Wei Wuxian had dared attempt such a thing. Lan Wangji held this superiority about him, it made him difficult for Wei Ying to approach. He did not want to get into an argument with the Young Master, who was probably older than he was. Not to mention, even if Wei Ying attempted to get the other Master to realize that he did not want to visit Lan Qiren, he knew that it would be futile to resist, and he was certain that it would not end well, at least not for him, if he tried to do such a thing. Therefore, it was best, in his wise opinion, to simply let it go. Allow for himself to be given some sort of reprieve, part of which was not challenging the questions of Lan Wangji. The man was terrifying in many ways that he did not want to think over.

He had to admit, though, that the Cloud Recesses were beautiful, more than beautiful. Everything was so, peaceful, so serene. It was so green, the trees were very healthy, the white and blue structures held a sort of calming effect. It was so very different from his time with the Jiang sect. Not that he really wanted to think about what was going on with the Jiang clan at this moment. He wondered how Lan XiChen was doing over there. He and the other two boys had left Lan XiChen to deal with the aftermath of the realization that the Jiang Clan had apparently done something against law (Though what that was he was not entirely certain). 

Still, the admiration of the Cloud Recesses and the feeling of Serenity that he was certain would strike many who entered the pavilion was absent to him. He had a feeling it was this doomed talk with Lan Qiren. He did not want to think about the other man. He sounded scary, and Wei Ying did not want to know what would happen if the other hated him. He knew that this Lan would likely dislike him immensely. It would not be the first time that he had felt the anger of another or the dislike and detested tone within their voice. It happened more often than he really cared to think. 

"Young Master Wei," Lan Sizhui spoke up softly. His voice was carefully crafted to soothe whatever fear it was that he could tell that Wei Wuxian was feeling at the time. Lan Sizhui knew that Wei Ying was worried for no reason, he could tell. Wei Ying held his fear in quite well, but the shaking of his fingers was still visible. They betrayed the other's fear.

The Lan Sect are known for their careful art, and soft tones, which can sooth all worries away.

"Yes?" Wei Ying asked, his voice carefully guarded. 

"There is nothing to worry about. You have the acceptance of Lan XiChen, which is really all that matters, and Childe XiChen is the sect leader of the Gusulan clan. I can guarantee you that even if Master Lan Qiren wanted to, he will not throw you out for any reason unless he gets The Twin Jade's approval." Wei Ying furrowed his brow, a little confused.

"The, the twin jades? What is that?" Sizhui's face lit up with realization, and he laughed a bit embarrassed that he had forgotten.

"Oh, yes, I apologize, I forgot for a moment that you do not know much of the clans and such. The Twin Jades are what Lan XiChen and Lan Wangji are commonly called." Sizhui explained briefly. Lan Wangji glanced back, clearly having heard his name being mentioned. He did not stop and ask them what they were speaking of, however. He merely continued walking forwards, expecting them to follow, which they did. 

"Oh," Wei Ying laughed nervously. "I see," He could tell that Sizhui was worried about him and that Sizhui could see that Wei Ying would continue to be worried, despite the reassurances which were afforded to him.

"There is nothing to worry about, Young Master Wei, trust me." Wei Ying gave a small smile but said nothing more. He did not want the other to worry about him, and yet here he was attempting to get him to calm down, and reassuring him that everything would be fine. He felt somewhat of a failure. His composure seemed to have crumbled in the face of Lan Wangji. It was something that Wei Ying was not a big fan of. He did not like the feeling, he hated the idea that he needed someone to calm him down. he was fine. Even if he did feel a bit unnerved, and a little bit nervous. After all, he was just a mere orphan from the streets of the Wen clan. He doubted that it would take well if he was thrown out of the Cloud Recesses. 

Which was perhaps his biggest fear. Lan XiChen was not here to vouge for his safety, or for anything really. If this Lan Qiren wanted him gone, despite how certain that Sizhui seemed to be on the matter, he doubted there was much anyone could do. Not to mention, if he was thrown out, he had nowhere to go. He did not even know where he was, and this new world was so much larger than he remembered, with so many more people. As a child, even before he was an Orphan, he had not travelled much outside of the Wen Sect, let alone after his parents had met their unfortunate death. 

"Uncle," Lan Wangji bowed. Wei Ying's eyes widened and he was totally confused as to how he should act right now. Should he bow, should he stay straight? Morals were not common to see on the streets of Wen, and he doubted that what he had learned from Jiang Chen was going to be very useful.

"Wangji," Came the soft warm tone of the elder.

"Brother has brought someone to dwell within the Cloud Recesses." 

Oh dear, the elder was now turning to him. Wei Ying had no idea what to do. What should he say? How should he act? Everything was so overwhelming, and Wei Ying was too...terrified to do anything.