SiZhui

Wei Ying was slow to waking. It took him a little while to really register that he was, in fact, even awake in the first place. Then came the confusion which he felt. After all, he woke up a different place than he had been in previously. He vaguely remembered needing to go to the nurse, Lan Zhan suggesting it. He also managed to recall...well, he vaguely remembered...other things, but the most pressing issue was that he was here, alone, by himself. He did recall having asked Lan Zhan to stay with him, of everything that he had remembered which was blurry and confusing that was the one thing that he could recall perfectly...and yet the other was nowhere to be found. Was it just because the other had finally gotten tired of him and no longer wanted to be anywhere near him?

Not that he would really blame him, Wei Ying knew that he was an annoying person, and he knew that the other likely was aggravated at even having to tend to his wounds, and he had not really intended to bring any attention to it in the first place. After all, he could handle it himself, he had dealt with worse than what injuries he had currently sustained and he would be more than capable of handling this mere amount. It was a pitiful excuse that he now was stuck trying to explain to the LANs why he had not told them earlier.

Or would be, that is. He would be stuck explaining to Lan Zhan and Lan XiChen. Of course that was assuming that he would even see them. He had this unknown fear that maybe they had, now that they had truly seen him, decided that he was too much for them. He knew that he could be, after all, it was obvious, and now that they had left, it was time for him to stop believing him worthy of more than he truly was worth. 

He had to be grateful. they had brought him here, after all, despite not needing to. He had to remember such things. He had been given clothing, food, and shelter for the past several days. He knew that it was more than he deserved, and far more than he was worth. He had no way to really repay them of all that they had spent on him, which really left a bad taste in his mouth. He sighed heavily. 

They had even bandaged his wounds. He had been just a little bit surprised at that. It was not that he thought they would leave him to bleed through the clothes, after all, but he had been just a little surprised because the worst of the wounds were really over. It was not going to bleed too much, and so he could not help but be somewhat surprised that they had bothered. 

Known for their righteousness, kindness, and compassion.

Ah, yes. The Lan clan was very well known for their morality. The Lan Sect was as well. Really the whole sect was upright, moral, and incredibly kind. Something which he had realized in leaps and bounds. He could not expect them to toss him out of their precious Cloud Recesses with his wounds unbound. That would be improper. That would not fit their morality. Wei Ying was incredibly grateful for all that they had done for him. They had taken him from the Jiang clan, allowed him refuge and allowed him a place to stay to recover. That alone was far more than he could ever hope for. 

It was just time for him to leave now. He really could not believe that he had not noticed it earlier. 

He stood, gently, as usually, and pulled on the robes which Lan Zhan had gifted to him. He then took the coin which he had been given from Lan XiChen and, after writing a short but heartfelt letter thanking the Lan clan for their kindness. He then snuck out of the place. 

He had come to know the Cloud Recesses, rather well. Not that he knew every place which the Cloud Recesses expanded, but he knew fairly well the places which he had walked with Lan Zhan. It sent a sort of sadness in his heart, realizing that he would be leaving Lan Zhan, for a reason that he was not entirely certain of. 

It was not until he got to the wards that he encountered a problem. That was...the wards. Themselves. He could not get passed them. Of course, he could just push himself through them, and it would not take long nor would it be incredibly difficult, but he felt that would be doing a disservice to the kind people who ad helped him, and he did not really want to do that either. they had been so kind and helpful. He did not want to cause them too much trouble after all, for all that they had already gone through because of him. 

Yet he could not get through any other way. He folded his arms across his chest, contemplating this new development. He could use the coin which Lan XiChen had given him to get through the wards, he knew, but he refused to do such a thing. He had decided to return it, and return it he did. He would take it back, no matter what. 

So he needed to try and figure out a way around this, but it was much more difficult than it would seem. 

"Hey," A voice called out to him. Wei Ying startled, swirling around, facing the person who had called out. 

It was that boy which had shown up in his cottage for the first time. The one who had gotten rid of the evil beast, and brought him  to the shore for the first time in years. 

"What are you doing?" 

"I..." Wei ying paused, what was he supposed to say? What was he supposed to do. 

This situation just got a million times more complicated.