Thoughts about Lan Zhan

Wei Ying was not meant to be kept locked up, whether it was the most fancy and spacious room in the universe, or the least, it was still a leashed prison, and especially since what happened at the Jiangs, being confined to this room was grating on him incredibly, he did not like it. Though he supposed it was only to be expected. He had tried to escape after all, and they could not let him go that easily. that would be cheating. He just wished that it was not so...dull. He had been pacing back and forth around the room for what seemed like ages, and he was just not able to calm his restless spirit. Now that there was no dog to torment him, nor was there a sect heir to beat him for the slightest thing that happened, he just could not seem to settle himself down any. He did not really know what it was about the Lan's but even though he was technically in a similar situation, unable to leave the Cloud Recesses, stuck in a room, forced to stay in per doctor's orders, it was utterly different. 

Contrary to the Jiangs however, there was...something more. A feeling, one which Wei Ying was not necessarily acquainted with, and he found himself confused as to how to explain what was truly different, especially given that in both cases he was still locked in. Something which he forever would likely despise. He...knew that there was a difference in this though, even if he was not so good at explaining why or how. A warming different though. Something about the Lan's protectiveness over him seemed to really catch his heart. It was not something that he had truly seen shown to him before, and it was admittedly a rather unnerving thing to feel. So many new feelings settled within him and he was not entirely certain what to do about them. He was glad that they worried over him enough to care if he ended up dead in a ditch. The only reason that the Jiangs would likely care if he ever ended up missing was because he had detailed knowledge on the wrongs which went on in their sect. Something that could ruin them, quite literally, and was currently the cause of their slow fall. Wei Ying was perhaps not entirely proud of it, but he was incredibly grateful for the opportunity to be a part of that downfall.

Granted they had not officially said that they would need his testimony...well not to him at least. He may perhaps have been listening at the door the moment that Lan XiChen had come to stand near his younger brother, and he may have heard that they needed his testimony to provide witness. It was the right thing to do, and so he would do it regardless. After all, not everyone was as strong as he was, to willingly stand against their sect. Such things were very...difficult at times, for people. Especially for the type of disciples that the Jiang usually trained up. However, him? He was not officially a part of the Jiang sect. He had been taken from Yiling, and essentially snatched and dragged all the way back to Yunmeng. Really the Jiang clan made things worse for themselves at this point because of that. After all, if they had just snatched another Jiang disciple, it would not cause too much stir, but whether they had intended to initiate him into the sect or otherwise, Wei Ying had not been a part of the sect, neither had his parents. His father had defected, a very well known and very public defection as well. Which means that they had taken a sectless person and tortured them relentlessly. 

Wei Ying would admit, perhaps it was a bit cruel to want revenge so deeply, and perhaps it was improper. He would not really be one to know given his childhood, though his thoughts briefly touched to Lan Zhan...he was certain that Lan Zhan would know, or Lan SiZhui. He had not gotten to see the other boy much since he had been taken back into the Cloud Recesses, spending most of his time with Lan Zhan instead. Not that he could truly be blamed for something like hat, who would not want to spend time with Lan Zhan? Wei Ying was not able to think of anyone, then again he did not really know anyone so perhaps that was why.

He rather liked Lan Zhan. The other was perhaps a bit shy, and maybe a little...straight forwards...but he was super kind to a default. Something that Wei Ying found precious. He was quite amazing. As well as his power. Wei Ying had felt it, such raw power, unrivalled. Amazing. For someone so young as well, it was incredibly impressive, and Wei Ying could not help but find himself fascinated by the younger Lan Jade. 

Wei Ying jumped backwards, abruptly stopping his pacing the moment that Lan Zhan came in the room, his eyes wide as he was sitting rather messily on the bed. His eyes found Lan Zhan, and glanced down to the books in his arms, his own eyes growing big with shock, a sharp inhale catching his breath taking it away. 

The Lan...Lan Zhan he...Wei Ying could not believe what it was that he was seeing. Though he knew that he had mentioned wanting to learn more to the younger Lan, he had not exactly expected Lan Zhan to take that into account. After all, he was merely a guest of the Lan Clan. How could he dare ask for such a thing? Yet, here was Lan Zhan, walking over and putting the books on the table, before walking over and standing before Wei Ying, who could only stare at him with big eyes, which were slightly watering. 

"Young Master," Wei Ying said, his voice barely a whisper, unable to believe. Where they truly going to let him study? He knew that he had read some of the books in the library pavilion, but that was different. He knew that those books were not supposed to be taken from the building structure, and yet here they were...in his room. 

"Brother thought it would be helpful." Lan Zhan said simply. "Come," He said simply, moving back towards the table. Wei Ying scrambled after him.