The Lans

It was for certain now. It was one hundred percent certain, there was no changing his mind. Wei Ying was going to throw something. Hopefully, throw something AT Lan Wangji. He was absolutely certain that would make him feel better. Lan Wangji may have managed to instill some sort of weird benign feeling of obedience to him, but this was too much. It was simply too much. He did not want to go speak to some random Lan person. One which he did not really know, and he only heard stories of, none of which he was sure of the truth or veracity of. He did not know too much about the different clans, this was made noticed to him in many different ways, but what he did know about this so-called Lan clan he had learned from either his mother or the whispers from the streets which he would often hear. None of which were really good things. Though his mother sometimes seemed fond of the man, there was often annoyance mixed with that fondness, and he did not have his mother's brave-outspokenness, though perhaps at some point he did, he had that no longer. This was just too much. So much was beyond his memory, and there were many things which he simply did not wish to remember. He did not want to know what had gone on, and he was worried about what he may find if he did recall. He did not really know if that was a good thing or something which he should avoid.

 He sighed, heavily.  Even if there was no escaping it, he did want to. He knew that it was important that he talk to this old fashioned Lan something, based on what Lan Sizhui had told him, and what he had heard from Wangji, or rather, what he gathered from the tone of voice which Wangji had told them that they were visiting this Lan person in. According to Lan Sizhui, though, he was an incredibly important figure in the Gusulan Clan, and as of right now he was pretty sure that it was not the wisest choice to allow him to actually meet this person.

It was not just that Lan Wangji seemed determined to make him visit this person, it was that he was anxious that he may do something wrong. He was not certain of the etiquette which was required of different people towards others, and he was not certain that this would bode well, at least for him.

Wei Ying did not even know what he would say. Or if he should say anything. Perhaps he was expected to be silent, but how would he know? He was so confused with everything, and he was so nervous that he would do something wrong, perhaps it was best if he just held his tongue. Though Sizhui had said that it was just going to be some formal things about him staying within the Clan, he could not help but find himself to be worried. Something about the entire thing held a moment of fear for him. He was in such an uncertain spot that he was nervous that one wrong move from him would cause things to collapse in a swift downward spiral that he was forever doomed to face. He was worried about what the other Lan may try to do. Though he knew that these people were supposed to be moral and all of that fun stuff which was, from what he had known, common of the Lan Clan (though he was not really all that knowledgable of the clan) he was uncertain of the veracity of those claims. Sure, they were supposed to be moral, and such, but how could he be certain of that. He was worried perhaps this was all one big funny joke which Jiang Cheng had cooked up in that thick skull of his. Then again, Jiang Chen was hopelessly dull in his ideas of punishments. It was usually the same routines, with a few different things added into the mix at times. Who knows? Maybe he finally grew a brain and managed to have a singular intelligent thought. Perhaps he finally managed to pull off something interesting for once rather than just going straight for pain every single time, or taunting and teasing, it was too much for him at times, with the constant sameness of everything. Though Wei Ying did not want to believe that these people were a part of Jiang Cheng's morally ambiguous thoughts, he could not be certain of anything. Maybe it was all a joke. Maybe all that he had learned of the Lan Clan was false. Perhaps this was not even the Lan clan at all, maybe it was something else, something different, a part of the Jiang Sect (even though he knew that they were well outside the Jiang Clan territory, Wei Ying could not help but entertain the thought for a mere moment)

It was still important. He knew that. He had been told by Lan Sizhui that he had to visit this person, even though he had already been granted an allowance to stay at the Cloud Recesses by Lan XiChen, he had to see this person. He could not avoid it, that was for certain, and he doubted that he would survive long on the streets, even if he tried to run. Though he was fairly sure that it was that fear of being thrown on the streets that had him so nervous and scared. It was inevitable, and he knew that he just...he did not want to be alone again. Secluded, and never knowing what was going to happen next. If he was cast out onto the streets, he was screwed, quite literally. He had no money, no clothes, nothing worth value, and he himself was almost totally uneducated in every sense of the word. He had some fighting skills, but he would not call himself that great when it came down to it, and so he was worried about what may happen. If someone were to throw hands, he doubted he would be able to defend himself.