Shock and Obedience

"Hey!" Wei Ying yelped, stumbling backwards. He had only been trying to explain to the Master Lan what had happened. As well as try to alleviate some of the clear anger which was wafting off of the other in waves, which Wei Wuxian not only could feel, but he felt slam into him heavily.

...They are kind, and fair....

It would seem that his attempt at calming Master Lan had not exactly worked very well, as the master did not even allow him to finish speaking before Lan Wangji stalked up to him heavily, and grabbed him by the collar of his robes, twisting them within his hands and staring into his eyes...Wei Ying yelped and jumped, unable to stop staring straight into Master Lan Wangji's eyes, it was not his fault they were that beautiful, and determined it was due heavily to the shock and...and....huh? Wei Ying stiffened. Body tense as a bowstring about to release. The feeling of being touched foreign yet so helplessly familiar he could not help the shock which rammed into every corner of his mind, slamming him with memories which he desperately attempted to block out once more. Still, he kept his flute at his side, not daring to move as Lan Wangji stared into his eyes, a fire there. If he tried to do anything, Wei Ying was certain it would not bode well for him. He doubted that Lan Wangji would dare lift a hand against the two disciples which had done nothing wrong...

...The men in white are known for their grace and compassion...

Wei Ying swallowed, fear flooded his system against his own will...which was strange. Strange, and strange, as Wei Ying had long since come to realize, even before he was kidnapped, was not something which was a good thing. Even when kept captive by Jiang Cheng the only time he actually was scared was when the dog which Jiang Cheng kept, to spite him whenever needed, was near him. The beast brought forth a terror which Wei WuXian could not help given his time on the streets. He could not help the fear which plagued his body every time the fur-ball of death was near him. Everyone was scared of something, Wei Ying just so happened to be scared of the evil beings. That being said, he had never really feared Jiang Cheng himself. It was something which the other found aggravating to no end. Sure, he was nervous and anxious around the other that was a given, and, of course he definitely watched himself when the other was near him, whether it be his words or actions, he always tried to closely monitor himself when Jiang Cheng was near him. That was also understandable as he did not wish to deal with the pain that would come otherwise. Jiang Cheng could be very cruel, even when he claimed he was being merciful...he had no concept of mercy...

Mercy was in their nature...

Fear though? Fear Jiang Cheng? It was almost laughable. No, he had never truly feared Jiang Cheng, which was why the other had gone through such great lengths to hurt him, to cause him pain and suffering. It angered the sect heir of the Jiang sect that he could not instill fear within Wei WuXian, and it was an anger which burned bright and hot.

...Calm...serene...

Now? Now though, it was a different story, being held by Lan Wangji by the collar of his robes unable to tear himself from the other teen? Feeling the thin, but strong fingers twist into the cloth, near the base of his throat? A threat...or a promise...Seeing the anger which flowed through the Light-Bearing Lord's eyes, that fire that burned so brightly? Not to mention the way Hanguang-Jun seemed to loom over him in this way, his very presence crackling with barely restrained power. Such raw untapped strength, a clear indicator that he could easily destroy Wei Ying by the seams probably with but a mere thought, and yet, Wei Ying was not afraid of it. It was a bit self sacrifical, after all, it was not as though Wei Ying was not entirely aware that if desired, he would easily be snapped by such power that was within the other. If it were to ever become uncontrolled, he shuddered to think of what could happen. He could sense the flood of sheer power that was barely contained within Lan Wangji's form and it somewhat floored him with some kind of a rush. He was so....capable. Even just being held by the other's mercy clearly gave him the amount of understanding that he knew the other was powerful, perhaps even as strong as he was when he was at his most powerful, though Wei Ying did not like to think on the scene much, he wondered if perhaps...perhaps Lan Wangji would be his equivalent...The control that the other wielded caused Wei Ying to look away. He did not want the other to see his fear. He did not want to be weak, to be vulnerable, even if his entire body gave way that exact reaction.

...Power....they are powerful, but kind...

Wei Ying felt that ever so familiar, yet also foreign feeling of fear flood through his veins and crash through his body like a tidal wave, which then now caused him to cower under the Lord's stare, averting his gaze hastily, unable to handle the look in those eyes. Lan Wangji held him captive within his clutches for a while, before Wei Ying felt another hand caress the area under his heart.

"Your core..." the elder said. Wei Ying felt his heart stutter and hoped desperately that it was undetected by Master Lan...

...Gentle, even in harsh circumstances...

"Wh-what about it?" Wei Ying asked nervously, his voice trembling slightly. To be fair, anyone would do the same if they were being held by the Lord before him, and felt the soft caress of fingers through the thin robes which Wei Ying wore.

"It is...pure..." the confusion in Lan Wangji's voice was it.

He could not help it.

Despite the seriousness of the situation, and the danger which such an action could bring...

He laughed. 

And once he started he could not stop.