Ambush in the Amazon

The familiar building belonging to Pedro Astil came closer as the Wily plane containing everyone passed the town. Metalman gave a command and they got into place, only checking Rock every couple minutes as they descended. He was too enveloped with his thoughts to notice them staring and the plane lurched forward, hovering feet above the grass. The ground was turned from multiple fights, and the exposed rocks made it hard for landing. They managed to find a safe patch to land, and each Wily bot stepped out and faced the flora covered building with uncertainty. On cue, the vines and thorns retreated and Plantman walked out. Rock gasped at his appearance. It had only been a day, and the plant based robot master looked worse than before with glazed eyes and his joints locking randomly.

"Come on...it's not safe...outside..." He droned on. Rock quickly grabbed him and pulled him inside with the others following. Dr. Light and Astil, who were watching over Roll's capsule, turned only to be shocked by the sudden party.

"Doctor Light, how are you holding up?" Rock said.

"We are fine Megaman." Doctor Light coughed and steadied himself. "Though the electromagnetic field is getting so strong, it's becoming toxic to living beings. Y-You have to get to the temple and stop whatever's causing this."

"I promise I will. And the Wily bots are here to help us."

"We're helping save Doctor Wily." Metal corrected.

"Right."

Doctor Light stared at all of Wily's robots before stopping the gaze on Time and Oil. The oil robot master did a shy wave, giving the doctor a somewhat warm greeting in the confrontation. Timeman only stared and gave a small nod of consideration.

"In that case, let my apply all of you with the coating before you head out." Light said. As each of the Wily bots were given the coating, Rock stepped toward the capsule protecting his sister. He took off the helmet and placed his hand close to her own.

"Hang on Roll, I'll find out what is going on around here and stop whoever's causing the wave. Dr. Light and Astil will watch over you, and I hope you'll be repaired when I get back. I'll save the world and bring everything back the way it was. I love you sis." Rock put the helmet back on and went to his creator, hugging him tightly to persuade him he was going to be fine.

And to persuade himself it was going to be fine.

The Wily bots were waiting for him to join them as he made the final preparations. Most of the Wily bots entered the plane and took to the sky, while Rock was left with Time, Oil, and Enker's group. The plane hovered slowly past the top of the canopy, and they marched their way toward the temple.

Rock followed the faded tracks leading to the temple, remembering any possible clues that could show their target. Enker was close behind watching his every movement with his staff on hand, the rest of the group not far behind.

"How did you guys survive the EMP wave? Most of the robot masters around the world were heavily affected including me, but you're perfectly fine." Rock asked Enker.

"I don't know, but knowing Wily, he made our components differently than the typical robot master. Most of us are built for destroying you, so he probably brought something like this to consideration. One of the few things he did right in his mess of a plan." Enker replied.

"I guess. So what does your staff do?"

"Nice try, but I'm not giving away secrets to just anyone." The golden robot glared.

"But Enker, you know me." Rock stared.

"I didn't know you were a robot killer, and you didn't know I was one of Wily's robots. We are blind to who we really are." Without another word, Enker left Rock to fall back to the rest of the group. The stress was building in his circuits and he felt he was going to blow. The tall purple robot in Enker's group walked up to him with a proud smirk.