Dancing with Death

The size of the asteroid Omega dwarfed in the incoming bodies of Rock and Rush, welcoming them with promise of mystery and danger. Rock scanned the surface with a anxious gaze, the towering structures lining each ravine with trails of light. Each crater was equal to the size of a mountain, a ravine as big as his home city. Domes encased in metal covered the smaller craters with rings of colored bulbs. Rock was surprised to see little hopping drones exiting the dome's doors, small little items on top of their heads.

"This is different compared to G-Gemini's," Rock stammered on the name, "maybe whoever is here is okay. Fly in Rush."

Rush obliged and glided to the asteroid's surface. Rock hopped off with a soft thud barely audible in the space vacuum. Suddenly, all the drones turned to him surprised and refusing to move now. He didn't know whether to activate his buster. This situation was different to Gemini's asteroid. Nothing was destroyed, the facilities were active, and all of the worker drones were moving around with no problem. If nothing was wrong here, it would be strange if this was the case for the others.

"Could you...direct me who is in charge?" Rock commanded the workers. One by one each little robot turned to the closest dome, their eyes pointing towards the door. Without another word, he followed their eyes with Rush not far behind. The door slid open and the force of a sudden open space pulled them inside. The door slammed shut tightly and Rock felt the atmosphere compress.

"Air? Why would an asteroid need air pockets?" Rock asked Rush, briefly forgetting that despite being programmed to understand speech, the robotic mutt can't speak. Moments later, the second door slid open to a tunnel filled with lightbulbs. Keeping his arm high he ventured through the tunnel while taking in the workplace. Cylindrical robots slowly drilled through the carved walls, leaving decently sized holes in their place. Small flea-like robots would hop into some of the holes, where there would return with small geode capsules in their claws. Frog robots hopped carelessly over Rock's head, beeping signals to each other in code with the new findings. One of them took his presence and its eyes flashed in consideration before vanishing down the tunnel.

"Well," Rock used the peaceful situation to think, "lets take everything in for a second. Everyone went into the asteroids to work on recovering something called an energy element. Lucy mentioned they were powerful, but they didn't seem like they were affected. But now they are. Gemini, or his clone, mentioned they were following a boss and now he went crazy. It seemed like the crystal was doing something to him. Could they...could it have done that to him?" He briefly looked at the beautiful blue crystal in his hand. The light white within had faded into a obscure glow enough to miss at first glance. Rush turned his head in confusion huffing at the question.

"You're right, that does sounds ridiculous. I really wish someone would give me an explanation. I don't want this to be another-" Rock was alerted to the sound of something grazing the rocky floor. Rush immediately snarled in the direction of the incoming noise. Bright orange flashed against the light bulbs, showing Rock the source of the noise. Topman halted in surprise, his bright purple eyes widening at the visitor presented in front of him.

"Megaman? What are you doing here?" Topman asked, unnerved by the snarling Rush slowly approaching him. Suddenly, Rock took them both by surprise by pushing through the mutt and wrapping his arms around his half-brother. Top halted as the little robot boy's squeezed his orange armor. Slowly his arms reached around Rock's shoulders and squeezed back. With the squeeze returned, Rock broke off with an awkward look.

"Are you okay? Like nothing's wrong?" Rock almost felt nervous to ask. There was relief when the Top's face further expressed concern and confusion.

"Yeah I am okay. Why? Did something happen to you? Where did you get these damages?" The half-brother asked, his arms still wrapped around Rock's shoulders.