Wi-light

The days had been difficult for Dr. Light ever since he took in Albert Wily to live with them until the deadline for his probation was over. It was the same schedule, Wily would get up and the two doctors would have breakfast. Some days, officials would come by to check on them to ensure that Wily wasn't misbehaving. Neither of them would talk to each other, but Light wanted to ask so many things to his old friend. Ever since his expulsion back in their old university, he disappeared off the face of the earth. So many things to talk about, but the problem was his children. They weren't taking this news kindly.

Roll made her disapproval very clear at the judge hall, and it was still showing at home. Every once in a while she would introduce Wily to her broom whenever he was trying to walk into the lab, or when he stared Rock down. Then Rock would tell her he would be okay on his own. She was always protective of her brother, and Light would have to talk her down on using a frypan.

Elecman acted much more civil in his argument. While it took him several hours of convincing, he agreed to let Wily stay in a nearby room. However, he had told Dr. Light to contact him on his brothers' behaviors in case they did something irrational. If anyone had attempted to confront Wily, they would have to speak to him first.

Fireman, full of passionate justice, swore he would protect the family as much as he could from Wily's evil ambitions, despite how much Dr. Light promised he would do nothing under their guidance.

He hadn't heard much from Bombman and Gutsman about their thoughts, but their disapproval was cold and distant. They would head off to work at the first light of morning and not come back until well after the moon had reached its peak.

Iceman backed up Roll's objection the moment she called him. While he was making his own points, Dr. Light couldn't help but find it endearing that Ice supported his sister so well despite being so far in the artic already. The little robot didn't take it too well that he wasn't being taken seriously though.

Cutman needed little convincing when Rock got involved. Much like Roll and Iceman, Cutman followed and supported his brother, even if Wily's presence made him summon his weapon impulsively.

He knows they're upset by Judge Peterson's decision. The idea of letting the person that attacked him and his family twice live with them was a stupid idea. But he wasn't going to give up on his friend, he believed there was good in everyone. And everyone deserves a second chance. And this could be Thomas's second chance to reconnect with a lost friend. Wily was just a stubborn person, and he needed convincing.

"What are you smirking at, Thomas?" He murmured.

"Albert, do you remember when we used to work together back at Robot University?" Wily scoffed and sipped his coffee, which had gone cold.

"I would rather not remember. Who gives such a name as Robot University?"

"Come now Albert, remember all the times you snuck out of campus to get extra materials, even when it cost you a couple of meals? I had to pay for the books you bought." Light smiled at the thought, Albert remained unmoving. He put the mug down and made eye contact.

"At least I wasn't as bad as your sleep schedule. You almost made yourself collapse from sleep exhaustion on several occasions Thomas."

"I was worried for you. You had ideas sprouting all over the place, even our own professors couldn't keep up with you."

Wily made a smirk that turned into a cackle, "Serves them right. They try to keep a genius like myself under control with rules and limitations. You can't keep Albert Wily from his goal!"

"Yes well, we both know you can be a little over ambitious old friend. It's why you got expelled in the first place." The grin that was on Wily faded back to a scowl.