Cool brother in arms

Among all of his brothers, Iceman just wandered Monsteropolis's streets alone. All of his brothers got to be partners with another. Except Cut didn't want him to come with him. And Iceman couldn't blame him, metal and cold don't exactly match. Still, that didn't make things any less lonely for him. And why was his internal temperature going crazy?

Dr. Wily's voice suddenly came through to him. "Iceman, can you read me?"

"Yes sir, the streets have been cleared and frozen over. Anything else you want me to do for you?"

"Sure..." Dr. Wily's calm voice starting growing more irritated, "How about deal with the strange blue robot brat who completely destroyed your brothers!!"

Iceman almost had to do a double take on what the doctor said. "Come again sir? My brothers are...what?"

"Dead Ice! The nuisance killed your brothers, and he's going to ruin all the work your brothers have done, and leave you all behind to rot. Leave all of us behind. You don't want that, do you?"

The fluctuating temperature in Iceman's core stuck with steady heat, the emotions permanently in anger. Little ice crushed the frozen popsicle that was in his hand, leaving the melted parts to drip down his arm.

"Roger."

"If you don't handle it right now, I'll take care of the brat myself."

"Roger sir, but what will you do if I am to fail?" Ice asked with Dr. Wily chuckling over the intercom.

"I got a little surprise for him personally. If he wants to play with my plans, I'll give him something to keep him busy." Before Ice could say anything more, the com cut off and left him alone again.

Ice felt anger rise up from inside him, but then another feeling took over his core. Ever since Dr. Wily ordered him and his brothers to attack the city, he's been having this voice in his head constantly. It was female, and it seemed to come from his memories. But what memories did they come from?

Hey, are you okay?  The voice said in his head. She sounded so kind and worrisome, it was driving Ice crazy. Who was this person, so concerned for him when none of the others bothered to so much as team up with him?

"Brrr...so cold!" A voice, who he presumed to be the intruder, echoed in the city close to him. He whipped around, readying himself for the enemy soldier. He didn't expect to see a blue robot, barely even taller than him, looking at him with eyes of worry. But as if he should worry about him, the enemy should worry about themselves.

"Just focus. Focus and freeze the target at all costs." He whispered to himself.

"Iceman, just calm down and listen to me for a mo-" Rock jumped out of the way as Ice ran foward. The little robot then jumped to the same height and took a breath in. Rock felt his circuits run cold and ice developed on his physical armor. He fell to the ground with a big thud, his energy decreasing just to keep his inner circuitry warm.

"Rock?! This is Dr. Light, I just detected a severe depletion of energy! You've taken too much damage, you need to get out of there!" Dr. Light called over the intercom.

"I'm...fine. I need to finish this quickly before-"

"Keep your cool, sir!" Ice called again, unleashing more ice attacks. Rock barely managed to roll out of the way, and looked through the different weapons. He first went for Bombman's weapon, chucking a bomb at the forming ice wall. Chunks of ice flew everywhere, and in Ice's brief distraction, Rock switched to Fireman's weapon. 

Walls of fire and ice collided each time, a pleasant cold mist prayed among the block. Humans that were running in the streets were shutting doors to keep warm. In the mist, Rock tried throwing every weapon he had so far, but the ice was just too thick for the fire to burn off completely. Chunks of ice were being thrown onto windows, and Rock almost feared the humans inside to get hurt.

In his moment of thought, Rock was trampled by Iceman and felt his circuits run cold again. Standing on his chest, Iceman was creating ice all over Rock's chest. The blue robot's chest began to feel heavy, his energy depleting faster and faster. He felt as if he was going to shutdown completely, but he couldn't just yet. He's so close to freeing Iceman and finally going home.

"Bye sir, I guess it was a pleasure to meet you." Iceman in a slightly apologetic manner, it almost caught Rock off. Was there bits of the original Ice in his reprogrammed self? "But I have orders to follow."

"Wait Ice-"

"ICEMAN DON'T!!" Both of them didn't expect Roll's voice to be on speaker volume in Rock's intercom. But here was her voice, calling out to Ice to stop. And it seemed to work as the ice robot master stopped with wide eyes.

"Wh-Who?"

"Ice come on, it's me. Don't you remember me? You have got to snap out of it, you can't hurt Rock." Roll said through the intercom. She had a theory in mind, and she hoped it worked until Dr. Light could get the other robot masters up and running.

Ice's thoughts were battling with each other, one thought telling him to finish the order and report back to Dr. Wily. But the voice, that kind voice that he remembered was right here. But did she say Rock? The name...that..

With his remaining energy, Rock fired a lightning bolt into Ice's chest. The shock made Ice yell before staggering and falling back. A few moments passed before Rock staggered back up and took out a Energy Tank. Drinking it dry, he moved slower to the unconscious Ice before opening up his chest. He reached for the I.C chip but recoiled upon the hot touch. Dropping the chip, Rock took a good look and realized this wasn't Ice's chip, it had a different color scheme with a small skull symbol in the left corner. 

Dr. Wily's chip.

"Ow." Ice groaned, still partially awake but not enough to see Rock opening up his chest.

"Hello? Anybody?" Roll called again. Just to not upset his sister anymore, Rock responded back.

"Yeah Roll, I'm okay. Iceman is down, I'll take him back home and this whole thing will be over." A pounding noise vibrated the ground, the pebbles shaking beneath Rock's feet.

"Are you sure? You should wait for father to bring back up, please don't hurt yourself more than you are already."

"Roll, I-" Rock then noticed the vibrations intensifying. "Wait a moment."

From the corner of the block, what seemed to be yellow blobs of jelly-like fluid were zipping straight towards him. And just above the blobs was Dr. Wily himself, in his portable saucer vehicle with a smug grin.

"Sir please," Ice extended a hand out to Rock as if trying to cling to him.

"Run."