Call to Action

As he threw the frisbee past the fence's perimeter, Rock could only laugh when his robot dog galloped out of view only to return objects nothing similar to the frisbee. The first time he threw the disk Rush had returned with tossed shoes, then unopened packages of circuit boards, and finally objects from his brothers thought to have been gone forever. It was the fifth try that Rush got used to the game and ran back with the actual object. His sister giggled in the background as she dug out dirt throughout the inner perimeter. A question popped in his head as Rush licked his hand for another round.

"Hey Roll. Why are you trying to plant anything? Fall has already begun." He asked. Roll only stared into his eyes before hers widen and cheeks flushed in embarressment. Fall had officially begun three days ago and the leaves were tinted red and gold at the edges. The last flowers and crops slowly wilted on the ground and grass around the fence turned a muted brown. His sister hastily set her tools down with an attempt to shake the dirt off to no avail.

"I didn't realize it was already fall! I made a mess out of the garden!" She said in a exasperated tone.

"Sis it is okay! Dad can always buy more dirt!" Rock laughed before Rush returned with the frisbee again.

"Just like last year too. I have to get better at remembering frost dates." Roll grimaced while scooping dirt into the holes. Rock gently patted Rush and kneeled with his sister. The robot dog's footsteps sounded farther away with each minute, and their hands became filthy of dust and mud.

"It still isn't that big of a deal. You can always help out in the lab." Rock suggested, but he earned a frown from his sister.

"You are better suited for lab work though. I'm usually stuck either cleaning or planting flowers. There is only so much dusting and cleaning I can do before the house becomes bleached." Roll pouted patting the last of the dirt.

"Well I know one thing Roll. You're very determined to help and protect me and Dad, so I'm sure you can find an alternative until Spring comes back." Rock brushed a small bug away from her blonde hair with a smile, and she quickly did the same while wrapping her arms around him. Their hug was short-lived when rapid footsteps were heard from behind, and Rush barrel rolled into their sides. Roll exclaimed in surprise from his licking and happy yips.

"What do you think I should teach him next? Bark on command or treasure hunting?" Rock asked but his sister responded with only a shrug. A rush of footsteps echoed through the door, startling them both with a concerned Doctor Light and Wily staring back. Light's lab coat was half on as he started the car with sweat down his brow.

"Kids! We need to head to Lucy's lab! It's urgent!" He blurted out. Without hesitation, everyone rushed into the car and Light pressed the gas. The car and train ride was eerily quiet aside from the frantic messages Doctor Light received from the other line. The twins held worried faces and clutched to each other's arms, the fenced area of the ISEE Institute approaching closer until the doors lurched open. The doctors walked into the building first and met with Lucy running across the desks, her hair wild and eyes darting wildly before resting on the four people.

"OH THANK GOD YOU COULD MAKE IT! I need help right now!" She said, her voice bordering on stressful laughs and a mental breakdown.

"Lucy, please calm down. Can you explain what happened?" Dr. Light placed his hand on your shoulder only for her to shake it away. Rock glanced at the state of the lab and the little robots working desperately to clean the drowned papers and sparking computers.

"Last night, Magnetman had sent me a progress report on the energy elements. The first report showed they found the remaining elements and were currently excavating them. Then the next report came in showing that they were successfully found and being sent to asteroid Alpha." She said. Her light jacket shook uneasily as she accessed certain files. A app linking to several video recordings enveloped the screen showing the group live film of the asteroid insides. Rock stared in awe at the tunnels extending beyond the camera and the lines of robots marching in place with rock samples. Bigger robots held multiple colored raw crystals leading the smaller robots to the surface.