Ophidiophobia

Doctor Light knew that time was limited in getting the rogue Sparkman, Hardman, and Needleman away from the hostages. He needed to get the robot masters calm enough to approach safely, otherwise they would catch on to the emergency shutdown command. The robot masters were surprised to see the roboticist join them within the walled off tunnel, the lights of the police cars flickering around them. Agent Krantz had been patient and alert to the robots' movements, her hand hovering over the holster when the moment gets troublesome. Agent Stern grew weary as the minutes turned into hours of back and forth, with his frustrated grunts aimed at the robots refusing to back away from the hostages.

"I understand you boys are struggling, but you need to realize that you are hurting everyone around you." Light attempted to reach out again. He had wondered if this was the seventh time he tried this, or the fifteenth time.

"But we are not hurting anyone!! Why do you always assume the worst in us?!" To his increasing dismay, Sparkman's body shone in electricity and the hostages briefly screamed.

"Doctor!!" Stern pulled out his gun but did not fire thanks to Krantz shaking her head.

"Spark! C-Calm down Spark...before you shock everyone. It will not end well for anyone if that happens." Light's voice wavered in his shaky breath.

"Do as he says brother. No need to escalate the plan yet." Hardman spoke in a monotone manner as if he was speaking to the air.

"Brother? God Light, what else have you been implementing in these machines?" Doctor Light chose to ignore Stern's comment, but Krantz had managed to send the message to be quiet from another glare.

"I want our brothers back. Why haven't they responded? It has been too long now." Spark calmed his anger into a long whimper, and the electricity fizzled away into harmless sparks. With a available opening, Light touched Krantz's shoulder and the two moved forward. He gained more confidence to break out of their formation, eventually going in front of the agent to face the electric robot.

"Spark, you and your brothers are experiencing a glitch. You are putting everyone here in danger and I need to get you out of here. It is not safe here." Light spoke softly. He reached for the robot's electric shoulder before withdrawing in realization of potential shocks.

"But...I feel fine. Don't you believe us?" Spark asked.

"I...I do. But to you the glitch may not seem harmless when it is. Come with me back to the lab and I can check you boys out. We can figure out what's wrong with your brothers and-"

"Our brothers? You know what happened to them? Of course you do! You knew the whole time! Tell us where they are!!"

Doctor Light felt the air buzz dangerously before Spark winced and retreated as a small bullet grazed his side. The tunnel echoed from the bullet, and Doctor Lights' ears rang loudly from the impromptu save. Through the ringing, he could hear Agent Krantz murmur "Last chance Doctor Light. Or else we need another tactic."

"Right." He murmured and straightened his coat.

"You shot him!" Needle shouted in anger. Doctor Light approached them with more aggression in each step. He needed to get this attempt right, or else he feared what the fleeting patience of three robot masters could do to everyone.

"Listen up boys you are being irrational and highly emotional, and it is causing everyone in here to be scared of you. Glitch or not, I programmed all of you to be better than this. I understand you are wondering what happened to your brothers, but do you think they will happy to see the immature behavior you are showing?" He spoke with conviction to each robot master individually. The robot masters blinked in shock and their eyes turned downward in shame. As their attention was drawn to him, Krantz walked to the side gesturing towards the hostages. Seeing their opening each hostage crawled backwards toward her, scared enough to make a small whimper.