Second defeat

The castle was huge as Megaman worked around the winding corridors. The gate had welcomed darkness as he entered, and the lighting only provided comfort of not being ambushed. The air was still and dead, two things that the robot did not like. The more he avoided enemies and shot his way through, he gradually got a hang of each of the weapons. But the distant sound of somebody's footsteps kept making him look back.

"You couldn't resist getting in my way again could you, you little blue brat?" Dr. Wily's voice rang through the castle. Megaman had his buster ready.

"I'm not letting you go through with this Wily. Sending your own robots after me is horrible! Do you even know how much damage you caused to Monsteropolis?"

"The city will be repaired after I take control. And my robots are ready to put down their lives for my plans." His laugh was horrible as the castle started to crumble. "Time for the final phase. Quickman, Mecha Dragon..." Megaman heard a roar and the walls crumbled inward. Dust kicked up and all Megaman could do was run. Run towards the nearest exit as the beast destroyed the front gate. "Destroy Megaman!!"

Gaining his footing, the blue bomber faced the threat. It was a green and yellow robot dragon, eyes fiery red, and Quickman riding on its back. And Doctor Wily was in his little capsule, firing its own weapon. The battlefield was overrun by dust, debris, and fallen pipes.

The dragon growled, its mouth glowed ominously with fire. The grass was engulfed in flames while the robot ducked for cover. Megaman charged forward with metal blades and targeted for the belly. Quickman blocked each of the blades while simultaneously delivering a kick to Megaman's stomach.

"Running low on ammo, outnumbered, and outmatched! I've won this battle, Megaman!" Quick smiled.

"Is it too much to ask you to shut up?" Megaman glared, avoiding another kick and fire attack.

"Yes, Yeeeeesss Quickman! Finish him! Quickly!" Wily cackled firing his own barrage of weapons. 

The battle went on and on, and things weren't looking too good for the blue bomber. Wires were crossed, his leg was started to bend the wrong way, and he was left with only one weapon left. Quickman had suffered a little damage, but was still kicking. The stupid dragon kept hurting his receptors with its deafening roar, and Wily wouldn't stop laughing at his incoming victory.

Quickman put his foot on Megaman's chest, his weapon-a giant boomerang shaped blade- was touching the robot's neck. A smirk was on the enemy's face as the blade drew the tiniest bit of oil.

"I win. Say goodbye kid."

Suddenly, scissors knocked the blade out of his hands, giving Megaman time to deal a hard kick to the face. It felt satisfying to have Quick shut up for a moment. Cutman, along with Gutsman and Fireman had emerged from the trees, weapons out.

"Take that, banana head! Heard you needed a hand brother?" Cut smiled as he avoided Mecha Dragon's fire.

"Thanks a lot guys!"

Guts had grabbed one of the oversized pipes and dealt a blow to Wily's shuttle. The mad scientist yelled as his ship twirled like a baseball.

Quick has gotten back up, rushing to Megaman to finish his function. Cutman cut up his legs, tripping him up and giving the two robots time to run. 

Fireman had been countering the robot dragon's fire the entire time. Though by the sound of his voice, he was having a good time doing it.

Cutman hummed to himself before he smiled to Megaman. "Hey, you remember that game of soccer we did a while back?"

"Cut-woah!" The blue bomber dodged Quick's blades, "I don't think this is a good time to talk about this!"

"No no, hear me out! Banana head is first base, Wily's second base, Dragon's third base, and finally castle. Hit the bases toward the final location!"

Megaman blinked before smirking. "Alright then." He stopped and faced the sprinting Quickman. "Hey Quickman, think fast!"

Cut blinded Quick for a second, ducking under and Megaman bouncing off his back. Grabbing Quick's shoulder, he downloaded his weapon data. Then, he threw him toward Guts. With a swift punch to the head, Quickman was deactivated. "First base!" Cut declared.

Fire picked up on his sibling's plan, aiming for Wily's capsule. The doctor was yelling for him to stop, the inside starting to heat up. Megaman encased himself in a bubble and floated up to the capsule. Popping from the heat, he plunged the quick boomerang into the top of the capsule. The fire stopped enough to let Wily escape only to be held hostage.

"Let me go!" He yelled to no avail.

"Gutsman, grab me and the capsule and chuck it at the dragon!" Following his command, the dragon's head was hit by the capsule. It shrieked as Megaman clutched to the tail with the blades.

Riding in the sky, the dragon thrashed around. Crawling to the wings, he looked down at the castle. Encasing the wings in the bubbles, Megaman watched as the metal bubbled. Sizzling and thinning, the wires and encasing snapped one by one. The last of the joints disappeared as the wings flew off. Mecha Dragon screeched, the ground came fast and faster. The silhouettes of his brothers were blurs, and they made impact.

Megaman leapt out of the way as the walls crumped, the pillars collapsing. The dragon roared one more time, but it paled to the volume of the debris falling. Dust clouded his vision and his scrunched himself into a ball.

Minutes went by, Megaman only heard silence. Then a blare. Like that of a police car. Opening his eyes, he saw the dust had mostly cleared. The dragon's body was completely crushed, only its limp tail and torn jawline visible among the wreckage. He walked toward the blaring noise and blue flashing lights.

There were several rows of cop cars parked, officers observing the scene. Wily was on the ground and being cuffed, the limp bodies of Quickman and the other Wily bots being carried off, and two others looking at him with relief...

"Rock!" Roll ran and hugged him, barely keeping himself together. Dr. Light had caught up and patted his back lovingly.

"I'm okay guys, I'm okay." Megaman reassured them. He watched Wily as he murmured while in the car. "What's going to happen to Dr. Wily? The other robots?"

"That is for the officials to decide." The tough voice of Agent Stern came up as he came into view. Though things appeared to be settling down, the agent was as cold as ever. "As well as decide about the news of the city's little hero."